Nevermind - It was Poison Ivy :)

Phorce

Reaction score
Fellas,

I used finasteride for a while a few years ago, was happy with the results and cycled off of it for about 2 years. (I know this isn't recommended, but that's what happened) Never had any noticeable side effects.

Now I've decided to get back on it and am taking about 1.25mg per day (cutting Proscar). Recently I have developed very itchy hive-like places on my forearms and lower legs. They could be the "nettle rash" described in the side effects literature or I could have gotten into some poison <you name it> in the yard. I am on my second flare-up in 3 weeks now and the first one is still visible but not irritating. Any thoughts or experiences?

ShedMaster

Reaction score
I would say I have had similar experiences in the last month or 2. I have itches on my forearms above my elbow near the joint on both arms. I had an irritation on my lower legs above my ankle but it went away. I wasn't sure as to whether or not to attribute this to propecia but I always wondered.

Phorce

Reaction score
Sounds familiar

Mine are on both arms near the joints as you described and continue in much less dense clusters up to my wrist. On the legs, there is some near the knee but most of it is lower near the ankle. I also have a patch of irritation on my abdomen to the right of my navel. I have no known alergies, but am starting to fear that this may be my first.

Mostly red patches with rasied yellow bumps in the center

I'm hoping it will just go away, but I am concerned. Man do they itch.

Anybody else?

Phorce

Reaction score
What A Relief

Turns out to be the worst case of poison ivy in reported history.

Sorry for the false alarm fellas :freaked2:

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Maybe edit the title to this thread since you found out it has nothing to do with Propecia. There are are lot of newbies that come here and get paranoid over the title threads without even reading the whole thing.

BHD

The Gardener

Reaction score
No sh*t, it happens all to often. Someone COULD post something like "Finasteride made me cross-eyed" and I bet five newbies would post saying "yeah, me too, me too!" and start a panic.