New 2 deoxy d ribose product for hair regrowth

Dave721

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you using this? Has anyone outside of studies actually tried this substance and seen any results?

Dave721

Established Member
Reaction score
Reading through this whole thread, it sounds like it's working exceptionally fast like the study. He is modifying it with antioxidants and is not sharing the exact formula. The fact that he could be trying to make something to sell might make me think he is scamming. The overall quality of the pictures are not amazing, but I do believe he has gotten amazing results, especially for the timeframe. If he is not actually using a combo of other drugs or lifting these pictures from somewhere else, this might be the best new thing in a long time, and literally the only time I've seen a home-brewed formula like this actually work. Here is hoping!

Dave721

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost too good to be true... He says he only applies it every 3 days. These results are insane for 30 days and 10 treatments from an easy to apply gel. On a nearly bald head too.

Dave721

Established Member
Reaction score
I won't even bother opening the thread
I honestly think it's worth looking into. If there are other independent reports of this working near this well, we might have something that is better than minoxidil in that it's easier to use and may have fewer side effects. Not saying I 100% believe him or anything, but it is not obviously a scam at this point and should be watched.

Hope111

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't want to sound unpleasant.
Few things would make me happier than alternatives that work and without side effects, but I have reached a point where it is difficult to be optimistic
I finally opened the thread and it's hard to believe this guy

Dave721

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to sound unpleasant.
Few things would make me happier than alternatives that work and without side effects, but I have reached a point where it is difficult to be optimistic
I finally opened the thread and it's hard to believe this guy
Somewhat ironic from a guy named Hope, but I get what you're saying. I've been dealing with hairless since around 13 and I'm 39.

I agree, and I have seen so many poorly done scams. That being said, the images he is showing are showing legitimate very good results. If it's a scam, he is either lifting the pictures from somewhere else or using finasteride and not saying. Regardless, the great thing is he is claiming results in 30 days, and there are others trying this, so we should have a clear scam/no scam diagnosis in fairly short order.

Dave721

Established Member
Reaction score
Just coming back to say I read a bit more and it does appear there are long term risks with this chemical. I would not start experimenting.

Dave721

Established Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, it was oxidative stress which could lead to premature skin aging. Logically it seems like it could lead to other bad outcomes as well.

Hope111

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not read the study, forgive my vagueness, but does anyone know if the study compares this product with topical Minoxidil at 2% instead of 5%? I have seen a video of a surgeon who states that it is 2% (of course proven efficacy in rats)

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have not read the study, forgive my vagueness, but does anyone know if the study compares this product with topical Minoxidil at 2% instead of 5%? I have seen a video of a surgeon who states that it is 2% (of course proven efficacy in rats)
I think the study is in rats, not in people, so is quite difficult to know what kind of side effect could we suffer. Side effects are more important than efficacy.

MrClean1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Somewhat ironic from a guy named Hope, but I get what you're saying. I've been dealing with hairless since around 13 and I'm 39.

I agree, and I have seen so many poorly done scams. That being said, the images he is showing are showing legitimate very good results. If it's a scam, he is either lifting the pictures from somewhere else or using finasteride and not saying. Regardless, the great thing is he is claiming results in 30 days, and there are others trying this, so we should have a clear scam/no scam diagnosis in fairly short order.
My son is 13 and i am terrified he might lose his hair. How did your hair loss progress at 13?

Dave721

Established Member
Reaction score
My son is 13 and i am terrified he might lose his hair. How did your hair loss progress at 13?
Yeah, I have a son who is 12 and I also fear that for him. On my side of the family it's literally 0 good hair, and on my wife's side, it's 0 bad hair. I hear it comes from the wives more strongly, so we'll see

I always had issues. I feel like even before puberty... I started off with serious sebum buildup all over my scalp. I am not 100% sure if it's a side effect or a cause of initial hairless, but I think it was likely just a side effect of puberty. I continued on to have a very bad diffused thin up into maybe 9-10th grade, and then I started ordering minoxidil after other things didn't work. It worked Insanely well only once a day! Like better than you probably have ever seen it work on someone. Maybe it was just because I was so young. That let me keep my hair pretty decent maybe up until Junior year of college, so maybe early 20s. Without it, I would have gone bald way way faster. it eventually caught up with me though.

Overall, main initial signs would just be diffused thinning, and excess hair shed in showers. I would highly encourage you not to mess with your son's hormones in any way if he does start losing hair. Don't mess up puberty. I think I may have some long term side effects with minoxidil where my heart would beat crazy every once in a while, but other than than that, no issues. I used it for probably between 16 to 34 years old. Maybe some skin issues too from it.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I had a teenage son I would tell him to use Nizoral a lot. Do it religiously at least every other day. Get the stuff all lathered up & soaked in for several minutes before rinsing it out.

Ketoconazole has a mild anti-androgenic effect and there's no harm in it. Hair loss prevention at that age would probably give a disproportionate gain decades later.

In fact I think there is grounds to have a discussion about giving a teenage boy RU58841 if he has severe hair loss genes. It's 'experimental' but the lack of development was likely more of a profit issue than a safety concern.