New Advice-- Just got hair transplant

Doug Jarvis

Reaction score
Hi, all.

I just got a strip graft hair transplant in LA. The doctor's instructions say I can begin exercise in 4 days ( and begin swimming in a week ). His instructions also say that I can begin alcohol and caffeine consumption as soon as I like. Is this a good idea? Also, can I begin sleeping on by side after 3 nights-- right now I'm sleeping with 2 pillows under my head while sleeping on my back.... and not getting very much sleep.

Are my doctor's instructions correct? I've heard people say this is too early for these kinds of activities. Should I wait longer?

Thanks for all replies!

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i would recommend no extreme weight lifting for a month

it could stretch the scar

booze and caffeine don't matter

as far as sleeping it's up to your comfort level

Doug Jarvis

Reaction score
BodyDysmorphic said:
i would recommend no extreme weight lifting for a month

it could stretch the scar

booze and caffeine don't matter

as far as sleeping it's up to your comfort level

Thanks for the input, BodyD. Good input and much appreciated.

Do you think playing tennis or running would be OK though after a week? Any others have insight on this? Thanks!

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
im sure light tennis and running is fine

the key is intensity!

do your best not to "tense up" as this could stretch ur scar

ide say for about 6 months you need to consider that

im not saying for 6 months you need to be sedentary but i would suggest you gradually increase the intensity of your workout starting after the stitches heal

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
You will be at risk of stretching your scar for months. Avoid placing tension on the neck and sides of the head.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What DR gave you that advice ? I'm guessing you are sure you got strip and not FUE because exercising before the stitches/staples are out is just crazy.

If you got strip I would give it 2 months MINIMUM

How many grafts ?