New Day - Same Shed

NYCHair

Reaction score
I have been on Propecia for 5 months now. Each day I shed and itch the same amount. Everyone seems to talk about "going through a shed" but I have not experienced this... I just shed the same every day. I blow dry my hair the same way each morning and stand the same distance from the sink. Afterwards, I count the hairs and it always between the 60-70 range. I am really sad because I think it just means the Propecia is not doing anything for me. Other guys say hair stopped falling out/itch goes away around 2-4 months... but I see nothing in the way of change. I am going to keep on Propecia, I know I need to see what happens after a year - but I don't notice many (if any) posts about people seeing hairloss halt at the 6 or 9 month mark. Most people find success at 4-5 months or they dont have much at all (at least not that they can notice).

MY QUESTION: Has anyone honestly seen a huge change in shedding/itch at the 6-9 month mark?

Anyone have constant shed, like me, and see improvement on Propecia late in the game?

Please dont tell me that it is normal to lose 100-150 hairs a day. Anyone that has had rapid diffuse thining start will tell you that it is not normal. I lost 2-3 hairs in the morning 2 years ago and now I lose over 100 (shower, towel and sink) each morning. I have lost half of my hair weight in the last 2 years. That is NOT normal.

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
feel you man. I've probably lost half my hair weight or more in the last 2 years :( diffusing all over the top :(

Brogain

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that dude... Just started on Rogaine and experiencing a shed myself. I'm upset when I loose 5-10 hairs so I feel for you mate!