New Features on the Forums!

A

Administrator

Hi guys!

Please take a look through this list of forum enhancements and tell me which ones you think would be most useful to install here.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=51

There's a pretty cool one that adds "Watched Topics" to your profile page, so you don't have to get emails every time. It lists all your subscribed-to topics so you never miss a response from someone. This is especially useful for those of you who only visit once every so often and can't find the old threads!

Please check out this list of Mods and let us know which ones you'd like to see installed here. Its an incredibly cool resource!

HairLossTalk.com Administration

G

Slightly off topic:

I would think many people would thank you if you removed the title 'HairlossTalk Discussion Forums' in large bold type from the top of each page, surely someone who has found their way here does not need this information. If this was removed I bet many more people would chance a quick question or browse at work without the embarasment of being caught browsing a 'hairshop'.

A

Administrator

Hmm. We'd have to also get rid of the Topic title also in big bold letters at the top of every thread (in this case "New Features on the Forums!") when they instead say "My Rogaine is making my Hair Fall out!"

Maybe we can add it as an option. To hide the Forum Title or change it to HairLossTalk.com.

Admin

G

Admin said:
Hmm. We'd have to also get rid of the Topic title also in big bold letters at the top of every thread (in this case "New Features on the Forums!") when they instead say "My Rogaine is making my Hair Fall out!"

Maybe we can add it as an option. To hide the Forum Title or change it to HairLossTalk.com.

Admin

Good point on the topic thing, but how many people actualy need to check what thread they are in?

maybe both the page title and thread title should be a removable option in your profile page.

G

I also run a forum using PhpBB and there are many good enhancements. How about the ability to attach pictures to a post. Then it's easier for people to post hair pics....

G

Keyboard shortcuts and/or buttons for Minoxidil, Rogaine, Finasteride, Nizoral, Ketoconazole like shortcuts for ,
, and so on might put an end to these kinds posts:

Bald guy: "help my hair is falling off my head"

Hairexpert: "no probs dude its prolly Telogen Effluvium get on min/finasteride/nizoral"

Bald guy" "what?"