New Forum for Uk users!

Cassin

Reaction score
Kinda like walking into a car dealership and passing out business cards to your own car lot across the street.

I understand you UK guys have a hard time finding products, but do you think it is ethical to post this on someone elses forum that they have spent years building?

Good luck to you, I mean that, but this is in bad taste.

Unless of course HairLossTalk.com gave you the green light to do this.

Turbo

Reaction score
It really didnt mean to come across that way cassin, after being a hair loss sufferer for many years i am simply trying to get more support across to the struggling UK hairloss market.

However i do understand where your coming from and this site is invaluable to everyone and has been a great help, please feel free to delete this post HairLossTalk.com if you feel it necessary.

Anorexic Hair

Reaction score
cassin said:
Kinda like walking into a car dealership and passing out business cards to your own car lot across the street.

I understand you UK guys have a hard time finding products, but do you think it is ethical to post this on someone elses forum that they have spent years building?

Good luck to you, I mean that, but this is in bad taste.

Unless of course HairLossTalk.com gave you the green light to do this.

Don't agree at all ,cause this is not a buisness .. I'am sure that hairloss wouldn't mind, as there goal is to educate ppl in how to "really" fight this problem .As long as its a legitimate site I think that it's a good idea.It's very hard (close to impossible)to find products such as folligen in Europe.It's not like US ppl give a sh*t wheather we find folligen or not (think about it).I'am sure that d uk users will still go on hairlosstalk ,as it's and will always be the best site around regarding hairloss.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
My only problem is how nearly identical it is. Exactly who created this other site? I hate being copied ... :roll: Im all for something original but ... this is a bit much.

"Announcement: Rules and Regulations - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING"

Mens General hair loss chat
Hair Transplants
Unproven Treatments

Womens .. uhhh... "Share your story". Where'd they come up with that one?

:D

HairLossTalk.com

(yes im aware there are only a few things that could be discussed on a site like that and like this, but it kinda looks like this forum only in Grey)

Turbo

Reaction score
Probably my fault that HairLossTalk.com sorry bud :blush: I have not made the forum i have used a local firm to do it, Its not meant to be copied but as you say theres not that many things you can discuss on hairloss site except for treatments, general chat, transplants e.t.c.

I believe the forum uses the same forum engine i use which would explain why they look very similar, only the other day i came across this exact forum layout at http://www.shadowuser.hostcubed.com/

Anorexic Hair

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
My only problem is how nearly identical it is. Exactly who created this other site? I hate being copied ... :roll: Im all for something original but ... this is a bit much.

"Announcement: Rules and Regulations - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING"

Mens General hair loss chat
Hair Transplants
Unproven Treatments

Womens .. uhhh... "Share your story". Where'd they come up with that one?

:D

HairLossTalk.com

(yes im aware there are only a few things that could be discussed on a site like that and like this, but it kinda looks like this forum only in Grey)

LOL !!!

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Turbo, You should had seeked permission from HairLossTalk.com before starting a new thread and posting about your new website. I agree it would be help for UK hair loss sufferers but still you should had acted a bit ethical. Your website is way too similar to HairLossTalk.com. :lol:

DJ007

Reaction score
......and sending private messages around to me and others advertising your services is a bit pushy too.

Turbo

Reaction score
However i do understand where your coming from and this site is invaluable to everyone and has been a great help, please feel free to delete this post HairLossTalk.com if you feel it necessary.

Once again please read to all that are offended, I intend to put links to this website when my site is completed.

Please dont look at this as any sort of competition as its not meant to be, more for UK guys to get their hands on products without the wait and steep shipping costs.

G

Well Turbo, I think it's great that you are starting a site for us in the UK

I also think HairLossTalk.com is fantastic, I will definately always use HairLossTalk.com as a source (maybe THE source) for up-to-date information on hairloss, but come on give the poor man a break, when we want to buy folligen in the UK, it may cost us twice what you pay, with import duty, customs charges, international delivery all on top of a 3-4 week wait and finally delivered to us by one of the shitiest postal services in the world (where a recent investigation revealed that around 10% :freaked: of posts never arrive).

The way this thread is reading you would think Turbo was as bad as a certain Mr Ken B!

.....and sending private messages around to me and others advertising your services is a bit pushy too.

Good grief DJ007! not had a hard life have you :p

If you really want to see a similar site to HairLossTalk.com have a quick look here:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... um.php?f=1

Bottom Line

Hairlosstalk is more than just it's graphic interface, it's all the users, the information, the archives, the 'just gone senior thread' :lol: HairLossTalk.com himself, the traffic, the speed at which you can get a response from even the most obscure question within a few minutes/hours, the avaliable products, the articles, the interviews, etc etc

I hope Turbo's site matures into a fully fledged online shop for us Brits, so we can buy stuff easliy and (Turbo not planning to buy a Ferrari are you?) cheaply then log on to HairLossTalk.com to complain that it is causing us to shed and see what Bryan has to say.

Ty

A

Administrator

In the registration agreement there is the clause that if you own or run a site, you should not use this forum as a means for advertising it. Farrel of HLH and David of Hairsite both follow this rule, and I in turn would never go to their sites just to advertise this one. It would be met with some extreme anger by both of them. It's kind of an unspoken rule between all of us who own the support sites.

It may not be easy starting a new support site from scratch but none of us have used the other existing sites as a way to make it happen. That is exactly why only a few of them ever succeed and flourish. The general rule is that its on you to make your site work, and if and when it flourishes, your advertising will come from your own users discussing your site on other sites.

Going to a site and posting messages in the men's and women's forums and private messaging users really is a violation of the unspoken agreement we all have, as well as the registration agreement. Understand that I know where you're coming from and that your intentions are good, and yes, that you hope to make money from your efforts, but I made this site happen without spamming, and you can to.

The only means I used to gather users was the public newsgroup which is owned by nobody - alt.baldspot. I stayed away from the sites owned by someone. I felt this gave respect to the site owners.

In fact when I posted on hairsite just to respond to someone who was talking about me, they emailed me accusing me of trying to steal their users. I didn't have bad intentions like that, but you can see how careful and suspicious the "good" people are in this industry. So I respected that as much as I could and never used the other sites as a means for advertising.

Thanks for understanding. Also, please don't PM our users.

Admin

DJ007

Reaction score
Good grief DJ007! not had a hard life have you

Nope, lifes good for me at the moment thanks 8)

except my crap hair of course :freaked2: