New guy in need of some advice

Wickerman3

Reaction score
First of all hello everyone, I look forward to getting some opinions from people who have experience when it comes to this and are fighting the good fight.

So I'm a 23 year old guy, and all my life I have had very thick hair. That is until about a year ago I noticed that a lot more hair was coming out in the shower as well as showing up on my pillow. I didn't think much of it however I can say with certainty now that my hair has indeed gotten a lot thinner. The good news is that my hair seems to be thinning fairly evenly so nothing stands out too much. In fact to other people my hair still looks great

The bad news is that there is a history of male pattern baldness on my dad's side of the family and I feel that if I don't nip this problem in the butt now it could become much worse in the future. All my life my mother has told me that I'm way too self centered and in love with myself but I view it as a blessing considering that's probably the only reason I noticed the thinning (take that mom :) )

My goal here is not to necessarily to regrow hair guys. My hair is indeed much thinner than it was however due to me having extremely thick hair naturally it just doesn't seem to be noticeable. What I do need to do is to stop this hair loss in its tracks. This is where you guys come in, I have done a good amount of research and I have some things on hand which can definitely help the problem. I recently got a hold of some:
-Minoxidil
-Finasteride (1mg tablets)
-Nizoral 1%
-Azeliac acid cream (from what I gathered this may or may not help)

What I would like to know is should I just dive head first and start using all of it, or maybe just ease into a few of these and see what kinds of effects they may have before deciding whether to add more or not. Thank you ahead of time guys, I appreciate any advise you guys are wiling to give me.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
if your hairloss isn't noticeable yet to others don't bother with the minoxidil it will give you no additional benefits, therefore is just a burden on your wallet and your time and then some

Wickerman3

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply sir. So then am I hearing that I should just use the Finasteride, along with the Nizoral as a start to just maintain what I currently have?

Secretlybatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Yup finasteride is all you need if you're happy with what you currently have. If you start to get to a point where you see thinning then add minoxidil. finasteride is what prevents DHT getting to your scalp, minoxidil is to try get regrowth