New guy Looking for help. Growing hair long with norwood 2.7

Alivebutdead

Reaction score
hairlooss2.JPG

Here's my profile pic closer to original resolution.

So anyways, my sob story...

Hairloss patter: receding
Picture: A few months out of date, a tiny bit worse now.
Current loss: norwood 2.7-.28

Alright so I had long hair for a few years in my early twenties. The ladies thought it was my best feature. At 23 I started to cut it short after years of hot sweating summer hair. Now I'm 25 and I'm trying to grow my hair back.

Looking back at my old pictures I can safely say that my hair loss started at about 21 with widows peaks that put me at norwood 2. Since it never got worse I didnt worry about, and I assumed I would never actually go bald. Well I stayed at norwood 2 until I turned 25, at which point the hair loss accelerated.. I can only assume that stress has helped cause this acceleration, the cause of which is probably stemmed from taking wayyy to many classes this semester.

Anyways, my current regiment is this: Pills from Walmart: Biotin, Saw Palmetto, & basic multivitamins(with iron) I also use groganics: "Headfullofhair" topical cream(which has Saw Palmetto)
My hair loss seams to have slowed, and I can even say that I have grown a bit of peach fuzz. Via testing each of these products by themselves, I am giving most of the credit to the Groganics cream. I've been taking all of the above products for a couple of months now, and I've gone from loosing a dozen hairs in the shower each day to maybe half a dozen. Not seeing any regrowth though.

I have decided not to ever try Rogaine or Propecia, seeing as a student I cant really afford either. Rogaine seams pretty scary actually, what with the initial shed and all.

I'm also very much a believer in an organic lifestyle, I eat only organic non GMO food and I don't use medical drugs. I would much rather use things such as Saw Palmetto than drugs approved by the FDA(who I don't trust with ****)

I am currently having a dandruff problem which seamed to come out of nowhere about a week ago. I'm using head and shoukders a few times a week for it, which sucks because it has sodium laureth sulfate in it which i hear is a scalp irratant and helps cause hair loss.

What I want to know is whether I should keep growing my hair? Does it look too bad? I probably wont be able to get it all in a ponytail thanks to the shrinking hairs in front. Also, what experiance do you guys have with the current treatments I'm using? I could really use the help.