new guy

Chromio

Reaction score
hey everyone been lurking these forums for a minute now decided to finally post my story. I am 21. I always had somewhat of a naturally high hairline, but right around my 19th bday I noticed my temples started to become diffused. It wasn't severe so I didn't think much about it. A couples of months later, however, and my crown began to thin. After I noticed the crown thinning I went and bought some minoxidil. I applied it to my temples and crown for about 8 months until all hell broke loose. It seemed to thicken my hair up a tad, but I started reacting bad to the minoxidil. I developed a case of bad folliculitis which I still haven't been able to get rid of. I tapered off the min, but things only got worse. My scalp was a mess. The folliculitis covered mainly the back and sides of my head(non male pattern baldness areas) and a few lesions here and there on top/hairline. My hair began to thin RAPIDLY so much so that I said fvck it, and shaved my head with a number 2 guard. I then went to see a dermatologist who told me I have early signs of male pattern baldness coupled with folliculitis. I asked for some finasteride and she turned me down because I was only 20 at the time. instead she prescribed me a topical antibiotic(erythromycin) and a topical steroid for inflammation(fluocinodine). I applied them as prescribed but they didn't do much. I actually believe they are causing my hair to thin more. Finally I found a derm that gave me finasteride, and I've been on it for almst 3 months. As of now my hair is thin all over including the sides. lost a good amount of density. hoping the finasteride will help me out. Anyway thanks for reading, feedback would be appreciated.

Current Regimen:
finasteride 1mg ED
Revita keto Shampoo

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey man, you've been on finasteride for 3 months? Give it time guy, takes about 6 months to even begin to do anything on average. It has to get worse before it gets better trust me, see my pics in that other thread I started? it was better before I took finasteride. I'm here with you pal.

Chromio

Reaction score
Yeah I know its going to take some time. just got to be patient and hope to at least maintain bonus if u get that regrowth! these forums are great for people who need a little bit of support. We're all on the same struggle bus.

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, good thing is you're young too so more likely that your follicles aren't completely dead and beyond repair. Post pics?

Chromio

Reaction score
yeah its good im catching it now hopefully it doesn't speed up over time, but ill throw up some pics probably tomorrow. In regards to what you said in your thread my hormones are pretty strong too, also im staying away from minoxidil I think that's what caused my folliculitis to develop. I still feel the folliculitis is also causing my hair to shed or thin along with male pattern baldness, but im not too sure.

Chromio

Reaction score
Just an update on where I'm at. I've been taking finasteride now for the past 4months. No real results yet. Hair seems to be a little bit thicker but still very see threw on top and side burns. It seems I'm losing ground on my hairline fast. Starting to discover more beauty marks along the hairline I never seen before. Crown is also in rough shape too. Hopefully in time I'll see some type of results. Wish I could use minoxidil but my scalp reacts badly to it. I'll try to get pics up soon.