New hair growth stimulant - 200% more effective than minoxidil?

Jaz

Reaction score
After completing more than 80 clinical studies, Japanese researchers claim to have developed a new product to help hair loss suffers regrow their hair. Oddly enough, the hair regrowing potions active ingredient is derived from apples. It's called procyanidin B-2 and it's supposed be effective for regrowing hair. The new hair loss product's branded name is HairRex. During it initial testing, HairRex claims to have promoted hair growth and health in 78% of its tested subjects.

Has anybody else come across this new treatment or gone as far as to try it out?

http://www.hairrex.com/

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They don't give you the study on that site to back up the 200% claim.

Looks like a scam to me.

Sean68

Reaction score
hmmm. i was thinking of adding apple poly capsules. new baldy
seems to like it. damn these conflicting opinions!

theres a thead on it in the experimental forum.

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wy dont u test it Jaz and se if u get hair or youre money back after 6 months, and take pictures :lol:

psych721027

Reaction score
Why not try Spectral.DNC. It has procyanidin B-2 and C1 in it, along with a host of other good stuff.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jaz said:
global said:
They don't give you the study on that site to back up the 200% claim.

Looks like a scam to me.

The study can be found here -
http://www.applepolyphenols.com/docs/Procyanidin-B2-unpublished.pdf

The 200% claim in that document is from an in vitro study on mice hair cells, and we all know that just about anything grows hair on mice.

The human studies quoted are not very convincing because they only tested it on 10 people all of whom were empoyees of their company. That study showed less growth than minoxidil.

Maybe apple polyphenols can have some beneficial effect on hair but at this time I would prefer to spend the money on something more proven.

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
psych721027 said:
Why not try Spectral.DNC. It has procyanidin B-2 and C1 in it, along with a host of other good stuff.

Spectal DNC is overpriced, but interesting. There is a big difference between B-2 and B-2. The poly-GRO product "must" contain larger amounts and more purified B-2 then spectral DNC.

j3nate

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok,

So has anyone had any good results with applepoly you want to talk about?

I know Newbaldy says it helps, anyone else?