New Hair Loss Treatment Regimen ( Avoiding Finasteride)

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
ok so, this isn't mine I got it off the website nicehair.org

So it goes:

Morning three supplements
Niacin 50mg
L-Carnitine 250mg
Nicotinamide Riboside 100 mg
Along with a "Hair growth" smoothie ( blueberries, watermelon water, raw egg yolk)

- i'll follow up with a boar bristle brush which I do total of three times a day spread out to exfoliate and stimulate the scalp help with blood flow.

I will do a derma roller twice a week with at least one time a month drawing blood.
After ever rolling session, but also every night when not using the ruler I will use a topical "hair tonic"
-50% liquid melatonin
- 40% emu oil
-5% red panax gingeng
-5% Red deer antler (IGF-1)
Total 60-80ml to use over a month

I also want to add apple polynomials this is supposed to be one of the best brands.
[eliminated Amazon link with referral code]

Also going to be Taking saw palmetto extract with pygeum, and nettle tea every so often.

Keto shampoo twice a week.

I also eat a nutritious diet, get all my vitamins and minerals.
What do you guys think, I know some are just going to automatically slam it and say get on finasteride, but because of my disability my sexual function is already greatly damaged and no sensation so I wouldn't really know if I was causing problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't take finasteride either. I got severe sides during my 10 month use.

But dude, at least get on Minoxidil.

Try RU and maybe add Tricomin which at least has proof in phase 1 trials.

None of the stuff you listed will do anything for hairloss and is wasting your money. If natural sh*t worked nobody would be on drugs.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Things like saw palmetto, Igf-1, Apple polynomials, gingsang , wounding all has small clinical studies showing potential for helping hair loss. But of course they were very small studies 20 to 50 people max and can be easily written off I understand that, Igf-1 was with mice but it was very impressive again easily written off

The thing about minoxidil is at the end of the day eventually it just makes it worse off than you were before, if you stop using it everything you got from it you lose but it also takes with it other healthy hairs that weren't dependent on it before. I understand it does help but eventually it wears off, and then people usually stop and get royally screwed with a shed. RU has the same potential side effects i thought that I wouldn't be able to notice

I have a vial of ramatroban and another of 1% pre mixed CB but I don't know if they will be any help so I haven't use them.

Also planning to go to Switzerland to get a kerastem treatment but that will be months away.

Last edited:

RhinestoneHLT

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil doesn't take any non minoxidil dependent hair with it...

Please provide even one study or even anecdotal proof with photos.

Also saw palmetto can have the same side effects as finasteride.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Along with a "Hair growth" smoothie ( blueberries, watermelon water, raw egg yolk)

BBs9aDe.gif

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are we sure that IGF-1 is good rather than bad for hair?

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score

-Apple polyphenols stop your loss and may out perform minoxidil. ( yes I understand the site is trying to sell a product, but it does provide at least three different clinical studies on apple polyphenols
http://www.hairlossreviewsite.org/apple-polyphenols-stop-baldness

Saw palmetto:
http://www.healthline.com/health/saw-palmetto-hair-loss#Overview1

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3659613/
Ginseng may promote hair growth and reduce hair loss. Korean red ginseng is also believed to increase the number of dermal papilla cells in the scalp by preventing their natural cell death. Ginseng may also stimulate the scalp, encouraging hair growth. Studies show that ginseng also reduces stress when ingested, and reduced stress can help prevent or slow hair loss.

Liquid melatonin interesting results for potential maintenance
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3681103/

Emu oil proven anti-inflammatory and Great potential to be a topical delivery vehicle
http://www.hairsentinel.com/emu-oil-for-hair-loss.html

Igf-1
http://www.jhgc.com.sg/theory/igf-1/index.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10673454

L-Carnitine
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17927577

Last edited:

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score

Look there are some small studies that show some promise for some of the things I've listed, but I do doubt how effective they will be for myself.

So you're telling me that if I apply minoxidil to my scalp with healthy hairs for a long period of time those hairs that were perfectly fine will not become dependent on minoxidil, So I won't lose them if I stop? I was on it for quite some time I actually am somewhat of a responder but the new hairs never actually went terminal never turned to normal healthy long hair

MantisToboggan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have solid research detailing the sexual side effects of finasteride versus those of pure saw palmetto?

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have solid research detailing the sexual side effects of finasteride versus those of pure saw palmetto?
I don't think it would be comparable,so I don't think there will be any studies trying to compare the two in terms of identifying side effects

MantisToboggan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it would be comparable,so I don't think there will be any studies trying to compare the two in terms of identifying side effects

I've experienced negative sexual side effects from using finasteride/propecia, has anyone experienced sexual side effects while taking saw palmetto?

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Again I'm sure there are people that have "supposedly" had or at least thought they did have sexual side effects from paw palmetto. But I doubt the supplement was the cause, it's impact is very minor in comparison. Even a lot of people doubt that finasteride can cause sexual side effects. I believe otherwise and so do many people.

MantisToboggan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Again I'm sure there are people that have "supposedly" had or at least thought they did have sexual side effects from paw palmetto. But I doubt the supplement was the cause, it's impact is very minor in comparison. Even a lot of people doubt that finasteride can cause sexual side effects. I believe otherwise and so do many people.

I definitely experienced negative side effects from finasteride. After I stopped taking propecia the situation improved, but it's still not as good as it was prior to finasteride You can imagine that I'm now paranoid to take anything that has an effect on DHT. How does saw palmetto work differently than finasteride? I'm concerned that if it works in a similar manner it will have the same side effects on me? Does anyone else here have positive or negative feedback concerning saw palmetto? Thanks.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
It just doesn't set nearly the same amount of DHT and with any medication our bodies always respond better to natural sources rather then chemical. Anything chemical causes your body to release cortisol

Aldrich

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If natural sh*t worked nobody would be on drugs.

If working out gave you muscles, nobody would be fat.

Dude, just because there isn't some study with a limited number of people that says something it doesn't mean that everything else is sh*t and doesn't work.

kir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so, this isn't mine I got it off the website nicehair.org

So it goes:

Morning three supplements
Niacin 50mg
L-Carnitine 250mg
Nicotinamide Riboside 100 mg

- i'll follow up with a boar bristle brush which I do total of three times a day spread out to exfoliate and stimulate the scalp help with blood flow.

I will do a derma roller twice a week with at least one time a month drawing blood.
After ever rolling session, but also every night when not using the ruler I will use a topical "hair tonic"
-50% liquid melatonin
- 40% emu oil
-5% red panax gingeng
-5% Red deer antler (IGF-1)
Total 60-80ml to use over a month

I also want to add apple polynomials this is supposed to be one of the best brands.
[eliminated Amazon link with referral code]

Also going to be Taking saw palmetto extract with pygeum, and nettle tea every so often.

Keto shampoo twice a week.

I also eat a nutritious diet, get all my vitamins and minerals.
What do you guys think, I know some are just going to automatically slam it and say get on finasteride, but because of my disability my sexual function is already greatly damaged and no sensation so I wouldn't really know if I was causing problems.

A devils sacrifice would be more effective.
I've mega dosed saw palmetto, pumpkin seed oil, pygeum, niacin, melatonin, ginkgo biloba all at once. I didn't do sh*t!
Generic finasteride and generic minoxidil will cost you less, won't be a hassle and WILL MOST LIKELY WORK!
As for Keto shampoo, it fried my hair and made my scalp irritated so I switched to a zinc shampoo.