new hair transplants sticking up?

joe_snow

Reaction score
hi, just had hair transplant yesterday,
right now just hav red pimples with the new hairs which are pointed up towards the sky?..is this normal? i instructed the docter to have a drop running laying flat over my face, he said becus its brand new it wont yet but after about 8 months once the new hairs re-come they'll drop, lie flat over scalp.

the hairs i have now i know are expected to fall out soon & then i have to patiently wait for the new 1's., I just hope they lay flat over my scalp and not stick out as if i had an electric shock.

please answer me, i dont want to end up like don king look.

s.a.f

Reaction score
They generally always look like that, you wont really tell until it all starts growing in a few months time.

joe_snow

Reaction score
the hair seems to settle now....But my scalp feels bit hard, scaly and some spots....will that go also? will it feel normal again?
10 days have passed now.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You're 10 days out of surgery - relax! Its not going to feel normal for a while yet.

joe_snow

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
You're 10 days out of surgery - relax! Its not going to feel normal for a while yet.

Thanks Saf :) im relaxed now.

whatever i paid the docter i should give half to you, becus all the knowledge you gave me. Thanks Saf, cheers mate :)

joe_snow

Reaction score
its been 3 weeks now, im not 100% cus its hard to tell BUT i think im loosing some of my own original hair from the front. is this the norm?

im getting confused..i heard of shock loss, does this mean my own original hair will also come back at the time of when my transplanted grows?

at the moment my scalp is scaling & shedding slowly.

Also i might add...seems like the transplanted area ....The hairs both new 1's and my original 1's dont seem to be growing or prob growing very very slow in comparison to the unaffected hairs around my head which are all black now.
when i did the transplant the hairs length were about 6mm.

im a little worried tho i know its a waiting game & in 9 months will know my results!

joe_snow

Reaction score
i know its SHOCK LOSS and thats normal as my scalp has been traumatised.
i just have to be patient and wait 9 months.
Deep inside , i feel confident that all will be well. :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
joe_snow said:
i know its SHOCK LOSS and thats normal as my scalp has been traumatised.
i just have to be patient and wait 9 months.
Deep inside , i feel confident that all will be well. :)

You cant not worry but the first few months after a hair transplant are terrible you just have to deal with whats happening ontop of your head.
But you have to wait until everything returns to normal.

CCS

Reaction score
Most of my shock loss hair regrew. But also most of my hairs point the wrong direction. But when my hair is near 1/2 inch you cant tell.

s.a.f

Reaction score
THE LEGEND IS BACK !!!!! :punk: