New hair

bluenun

Reaction score
If I used Rogaine (along with Finasteride and Nizoral) for 1 year and it was sucessfull in causing new hair to grow, what would hapen when I stopped using Rogaine?

I understand that the normal hair loss process will start again and I will probably lose my newly regrown hair in three to four months.

But if I stay on the Finasteride and Nizoral after stopping Regaine will the hair that was grown by Regaine stay?

Bismarck

Reaction score
Good question. I would say no. Search for Gardener's post "This should start some debate" to find some info about minoxidil-hairs.

Deaner

Reaction score
I've asked this before. minoxidil hairs are minoxidil dependent, it's a sad fact. Even on Propecia and Nizoral, you're likely to lose all the hair that minoxidil grew.

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
don't play with fire!!!

I started minoxidil, stop and now started back again...

i had a full head of hair before i started... my thinning is only on my crown....

after 2 months of stopping minoxidil, i lost 40% of my hair....

dont' play with fire...'
minoxidil will also take those healthy hair

G

Isn't this in the FAQ section? If it isn't, it definately should be. Newbies do some research on this site. There is a whole lot of sh*t you can learn about male pattern baldness and what to do about it. Also it will answer a lot of your questions.

But anyways, check out The Gardener's post "this should start some debate." minoxidil induced hairs will fall out when you quit the minoxidil, even if you are on finasteride.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
You could reduce to once a day, but why would you want to rain on your minoxidil parade?

bluenun

Reaction score
Well I was just trying to think ahead.
You see at the moment I have had no noticeable shedding but my hair seems thinner on top and has receded a bit at the temples.

I was thinking of just using Nizoral 1% (which I bought today) and either Finasteride or Dutasteride (because I have mild acne too) and not using Minoxidil at all (re-assess Minoxidil in 12 months time).

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I want hair NOW so I'm willing to commit to min . I'll gradually drop down to 2% min once a day after full recovery .