New here (23)

Myhairisacrap

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I am new here so I will introduce myself keeping it short, I am a 23 years old student and I started to notice my hairline receiving 1 year ago more or less.
I ve been on Big 3 for 3 months so far and my hair kept thinning, actually faster than before, I have no idea if it is the shed everybody has or it is just the male pattern baldness advancing and nothing will grow back. How do I know if this will stop??

Before starting the treatments I was easily able to hide everything and now it sucks, a close friend of mine noticed it and told me about that.... It sucks, I am losing a lot of confidence and I hate it.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Stay on treatment. Give it time to work.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing to do but wait, 3 months isn't long

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Patience is an important key in treating hair loss. Three months is too short for desired results. It's great that you got on those treatments.

Hari

Reaction score
Ya same things happened to me. But after 6 months its started to improved. Now I'm on 8 months and still improving and shedding also more..

Myhairisacrap

Reaction score
Thank you guys.
Also one other problem came up, I always feel pain in the scalp lately. It drives me crazy. It is like somebody is slowly pulling my hairs and I ve feel better just when under a warm shower when the water is strongly hitting my scalp or when i push my fingers again the scalp. Those are the only things relieving me from the pain. Is this normal? should I see a doctor? Maybe it is linked to male pattern baldness and the drasticc reduction of density I had lately?

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I wasn't sure where to go or where to post haha, but I figured I would just do it here.

My name is Lucas, and I am 22 years old and will soon be 23. Admittedly, I have been worrying about going bald for a while now and it's gotten to the point where it affects my daily life. I don't mean to sound like my life sucks or that I am looking for pity, but I tend to worry about things easily and this is definitely one instance where I have worried a heck of a lot.

Anyways, for the longest time I have been stressing about it, and I truly don't know if I am balding, if it's a mature hairline, if it's normal or if I actually do in fact have a problem and should seek some treatment. My dad is 59 years old and is pretty much fully bald, and on his side he has three brothers, two of which are very bald while my youngest uncle still has a decent amount of hair. His father also was bald.

On my mom's side it's better as my grandfather had a decent amount of hair and my uncle on that side still has pretty good hair.

So, that leaves me. I am the only child and based on genetic traits alone my hair line and style of hair very much resembles my mother, but as I know and have read I inherit genetics from both sides including the hair.

I have read, and read, and read constantly about maturing hairlines and thinning and tried comparing my hairline to others, but I still worry. I even have spoken to my doctor twice about the possibility of me going bald and on both instances she laughed and said I had nothing to worry about because my hair is thick (I do have thick hair) and she said that my hairline is fine, and that if and when something were to happen we could take care of it. for whatever reason that hasn't been enough and I still worry that my hairline is changing. I have also asked my close friends and they all say I am nuts.

When I shower, I lose decent amounts of hair but nothing too alarming. I even bought hair thickening shampoo but I dont know if that even works.

I decided to finally join and look for some insight and advice to help me, to best try and calm my nerves. I worry because clearly my father's side has hairloss and I really, really don't want to go bald early on in my life.

Any response would be terrific. thanks.

nikko

Reaction score
I would like to know to the reason of the scalp pain. I have the same sensation and it is becoming barely bearable. Maybe it is cause by minoxidil?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Dude why you posted your story in my thread?? just erase you stuff and open your own jesus

Alright guys let me tell you my hair loss story...

LOL