New here and suddenly nervous about hair loss!

Corey72

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I understand I must make a bio but I'll try to keep it short so I don't put anyone to sleep. My names Corey, I'm 25, live in a small town and love it. A fan of sports, wrestling, outdoors, dogs. Life long martial artist. Always had thick hair, recently got a haircut shorter than I have in quite a while and it has lead to some concerns. I honestly cannot tell if my barber (same place for 20 years but new person) did something funny when cutting or its short enough to show my thinning. I have asked countless people over the last week and have gotten mixed answers....so here I am! lol. I will add some pics, thanks in advance everyone! :)

Please tell me if I should more pics with different angles or need more info

Attachments

• hair1.JPG
    hair1.JPG
    219.4 KB · Views: 346
  • hair2.JPG
    hair2.JPG
    462.2 KB · Views: 367
  • hair3.JPG
    hair3.JPG
    389.3 KB · Views: 332

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Back of the head looks normal to me see scalp cause of short cut and lighting. Top shot looks like a hair swirl or maybe some thinning I don't know. Temples look recessed some. Any pictures 2-3 years prior showing your hairline?

Corey72

Reaction score
I have a cowlick (speling? sorry) that I cant figure out, I'll upload more pics now

- - - Updated - - -

Did it go through

- - - Updated - - -

first pic is harline 3 years ago almost to day, second pic is hairline today, other 2 pics are more of back of scalp that has me nervous

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, another set of pics lol.... first pic here is about 2 days after haircut, second one is about 5 days after

Attachments

• hair 8.JPG
    hair 8.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 282
  • hair 8.JPG
    hair 8.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 274
  • hair6.JPG
    hair6.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 268
  • hair4.JPG
    hair4.JPG
    542.4 KB · Views: 269
  • hair7.JPG
    hair7.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 252
  • hair10.JPG
    hair10.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 282
  • hair11.JPG
    hair11.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 277

shookwun

Reaction score
looks good

science_d

Established Member
Reaction score
It's looks like possible SLIGHT thinning at the crown and a little bit of a receding hairline. Most pics seem to show a receding hairline, but then when I look at Pic8, I don't see any receding hairline at all. Is that an old picture or something?

Corey72

Reaction score
Yes pic 8 is about 3 years old now, would you recommend anything for the crown or leave it for now? I was thinking I could also wait and see how it grows in this time?

- - - Updated - - -

Find this pic with the swirl from 3 years ago

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 266

science_d

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes pic 8 is about 3 years old now, would you recommend anything for the crown or leave it for now? I was thinking I could also wait and see how it grows in this time?

Find this pic with the swirl from 3 years ago

The crown doesn't look too bad right now, but I would check it periodically every six months. If it starts to thin more noticeably, you could either try minoxidil, which is specifically recommended for thinning in the crown, or 2% ketoconazole shampoo, which seems to have promising results as well (https://attackplan.wordpress.com/2016/02/27/helpful/).

However, your FRONTAL hairline seems to definitely be receding noticeably, based on the pictures you've shown me. So you might want to focus on that for now, if you're concerned about that.

I'm honestly not sure what you mean by "swirl" or how that relates to hair loss. If your hair grows in that way, I don't see a problem with it. Then again, maybe I'm not understanding what you're referring to...

Corey72

Reaction score
lol idk why I keep calling it the swirl but I do mean the way it grows in, just seems to be the area were the hair is thinning also. Any suggestions for the receding hairline?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the info, I just had to look up the nw1 and nw2 lol I'm new to this, do you find it possible that it won't recede anymore? Like a mature hair line

Corey72

Reaction score
I read some side effects of both, have you experienced the "shedding" process? And should I be going to a dermatologist for this?

Corey72

Reaction score
Ok last set of pics for a couple weeks guys, I swear... Both of these were from roughly 3 years ago, both after haircuts.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 272
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 292
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 300

Shagrath

Reaction score
I think your hair looks very full. Maybe there is some slight thinning by the hairline, but that might just be a maturing hairline? I wouldn't start any treatment yet.

Corey72

Reaction score
image.jpeg
This comforted me a little but not positive, the left pic was last summer, the right pic was 2011

Corey72

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's honest opinion and help on this thread, you've all been great. Except for this immature keyboard warrior who insults all of you and then myself. Goes to show there is always one a** in every crowd

g.i joey

Reaction score
wtf are people saying, your hair isnt fine man. You're in an amazing place to start on meds though, your front forelock is thinning just like mine.