New here, just now starting treatment *pics*

baldboy86

Reaction score
I've had a receding hairline and balding at the crown and back of my neck since I was in my early 20's. I'm 29 now and just got a prescription for 5mg finasteride from my doctor. I'm planning to use it in conjunction with minoxidil and nizoral shampoo. What strength minoxidil would you guys recommend, and also I would love recommendations on which nizoral shampoo to get. I shop mainly on Amazon.

I plan to take these for a couple of years and eventually my ultimate goal is to get hair transplant surgery with Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles. That is, if I'm not already too far gone. I've included some pics and I'm hoping you guys can help me out and tell me if I still have a chance.

Thanks for reading.

http://i.imgur.com/ZElyoMz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lOhntie.jpg

Fullhead1day

Established Member
Reaction score
Starting a bit too late man, but minoxidil can thcken up thr little hair you have right now. You seem to have a bunch of thin hair still living up there. The 5 mg Finasteride prescription is meant to be split into 4ths, to make it 1.25mg/day dosage.
I recommend starting at 5% Minoxidil, but you can go straight to a higher concentration of 15%. Between 5-15%, you choose.

thatguywelbz

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely go high and frequent with the Minoxidil, but don't give up the finasteride. I myself take thirty percent, and combine with five
percent Minoxdil solutions.

It's good that you're treating now. It probably would have helped more a few years ago, but still, you could jump a couple of Norwoods.

So, if you're using five percent Minoxidil, use it at least twice a day, if not more.

Expect shedding between twelve to sixteen weeks. After that, you should see regrowth.

Best of luck!

How many times is better for minoxidil 5. And I also read minoxidil above 7% is useless or something. I'm thinking of switching to minoxidil 10.

baldboy86

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Would it be advisable to be a little aggressive and go with 5mg finasteride a day instead of cutting the pills into 1.25mg? Or is that too risky with the potential side effects? I just figure the more finasteride the better...

feuillea4

Reaction score
Hello,

5mg Finasteride per day is really agressive and i don't think it's more efficient than 1.25mg/day. It could give you nasty side effect too.

Good luck.

tress_dreams

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Would it be advisable to be a little aggressive and go with 5mg finasteride a day instead of cutting the pills into 1.25mg? Or is that too risky with the potential side effects? I just figure the more finasteride the better...

I would highly advise against it! The studies found the most efficacy at 1mg. You'll likely just increase unwanted side-effects at higher doses. This is a serious concern and as it is plenty of people - self included - experience sides on just 1mg. I unfortunately can't take more than .25 daily, so that's exactly what I do. Be careful man, I think it's worth it but this **** isn't a joke.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I take 0.05mg, 5MG will obliterate you lolz. (If you're prone to side effects)