New kid on the block (forum)

PatriotKid

Reaction score
Just turn 27 two months ago. Ive always had a good hairline and a little little thin spot at the top but nothing major until I started shedding from July til now. You can see my crown and its so thin i got few tiny bald patches Here and there. Hair falls everyday on pillow, shower, and desk. I've been going natural but it feels like nothing is working. Just got a bottle of regenepure yesterday. My problem was I had a good looking head of hair 4 months ago and now it looks like I'm more than likely going to bald. How can I drastically lose hair within 4 months? My questions is should I take major step and buy monoxide? Help

chicknlittle

Reaction score
You say patches of hairloss? And fairly sudden loss (since july?). Pics would be helpful, to see if it is a male pattern baldness pattern or something different (alopecia areata) as treatment could be different.

PatriotKid

Reaction score
I think it's male pattern baldness because my father and mom brother are bald. But I suddenly lost a lot of hair since July when I just 27. Before July my hair was normal you wouldn't ever thought I would be losing hair early. I got a thin crown now and a few tiny bald spots here and there. My scalp is always itchy I got rid of a lot of shampoo that's had sulfate

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
if you are worried about hair loss and you have male pattern baldness then I highly recommend 1mg oral Propecia (Finasteride) once daily as soon as possible.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
you can get it from a Pharmacy/Chemist/drug store but you need a script from a doctor. Most doctors know about Propecia and happily write scripts to people with visible hair loss.

if money is an issue, i've seen many people post success using Propecia from online pharmacies. i buy from housepharmacy.biz but i got a script from the doctor first.

i have a couple of pdfs about the effects of Propecia if you want to read - Just PM me with an email address and i'll send you what i have.

PatriotKid

Reaction score
I tried to locate the PM box but couldn't find it, I'm new here. But does Propecia effect your dick? Should it be the first choice over minoxidil? I'm new comer starting fresh on treatment help

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
But does Propecia effect your dick?
i'm not sure sorry, i haven't noticed any effects or read anything conclusive. For the time being i have adopted the conclusion given by Marberger, Wilson and Rittmaster made in 2010, which is:

"Age, quality-of-life , BMI and diabetes/glucose intolerance, but not serum testosterone or prostate volume, were significant independent predictors of sexual dysfunction in the REDUCE study population for Dutasteride (same family as finasteride)"

Should it be the first choice over minoxidil?
minoxidil makes hair feel really bad - i wouldn't advise it for anyone with a small amount of hair loss. i guess it's up to you, whatever you are willing to do to save or regrow hair, you'll do.

for minoxidil:
"The therapeutic effect peaks at 1 year and thereafter diminishes with time"

I've read from other members that after one year of applying 1ml minoxidil twice daily, they reduced it to just once daily and maintained what they regrow.

a shampoo containing Ketoconazole may also help with hair loss. i'll give you the conclusion of the researcher:
"It was concluded that ketoconazole was therapeutic by reducing inflammation through its anti-inflammatory properties and by clearing the adjacent fungal infection"

PatriotKid

Reaction score
Thank you man. I'm deffinetly balding on the crown but with a buzz cut I look ok I don't want to risk anything yet until I'm in a desperate situation. For now ill stick to the keto shampoo, some natural remedies, and some vitamins. Work or not ill accept the balding some times down the line.