New Member 25 y/o + bad loss?

pfm8241988

Reaction score
Hi All... Here is a little bit on me. I am approaching 26... I noticed I really started balding within the past 2 years. But I never woke up with a lot of hair on my pillow or anything... it just started to get thin on top and in the back. Last fall I started the Nioxin treatment... didn't do anything. I then picked up Rogaine foam about 7 weeks ago. I can't tell if it is working but I am diligent about my half a cap 2x per day. I started early April... am getting married in late August would love results by then but who knows. Below is the timeline of my hair loss pics... the next post will have where I am as of this week. Curious as to what you guys think and if you have any advice. Unfortunately this has all taken a hit to my confidence. I always knew it was possibly my father was completely bald by my age. My mother does have good hair genes though. Oh well.

Also, with the balding type that I have, is there a recommended "hair style" anyone has?
Thanks!
Pete

image.jpg Oct 2013

image(1).jpg Oct 2013

image(2).jpg March 2014
image(3).jpg March 2014

- - - Updated - - -

These are my current pictures using foam for about 7 weeks...

image(6).jpg
image(5).jpg

Malin

Established Member
Reaction score
Around Norwood 5, 6 pattern, I would recommend leaving your hair much shorter.

pfm8241988

Reaction score
So is this something that rogaine has any chance of helping? Or do I need more? Hope!?!? Ha.
Thanks.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily will prob stop your hair loss and might regrow some. If it works well for you you can consider a hair transplant down the line as well. It would be better to act while you have such potential for regrowth with all that villous hair (which typically turns to normal hairs in good responders. Stay on the minoxidil

pfm8241988

Reaction score
finasteride 1mg or 1.25mg daily will prob stop your hair loss and might regrow some. If it works well for you you can consider a hair transplant down the line as well. It would be better to act while you have such potential for regrowth with all that villous hair (which typically turns to normal hairs in good responders. Stay on the minoxidil

What is an hair transplant mean??? Any other suggestions on hair styles and such? Thanks guys!