New Member, introduction and my story up to now.

Reaction score
​Hello there. I'm new to the forum, thought I'd introduce myself and tell my story.​

I'm Ross, I'm 28 from Scotland and in the past few years my hair loss has became a major issue for me.

Throughout my teens and early twenties I had a full head of hair and i was known and recognized for my pony-tail and wearing my hair long. I had a large beard also and it was a style thing that I enjoyed. I had alot of attention from women and my hair/beard combo was often remarked on. Now I'm facing very fast hairloss. My hair has thinned out so much on top that it's very very noticeable. Colleagues,friends and even people I don't know have commented on my baldspot, thin hair and obvious hair decline. It's an issue I have tried very hard to not let bother me, it's "only hair" after all but on a daily basis im finding myself insecure about it and constantly thinking about it. I am so aware of it and insecure about it that I feel incredibly uncomfortable in public spaces if my back is to people, because the most obvious baldness is crown of my head.

I'm lucky to have a fiance who I have been with for 10 years now, and although when we started going out my appearance was very different and undoubtedly more attractive, I am confident that my hair loss doesn't bother her. In social settings though, on nights out, at work, in pubs etc I feel very exposed and in the last few years my confidence has taken a beating. Sometimes people will make off-hand comments and although they don't mean them to be offensive,taken seriously or to genuinely upset me I find myself worrying about my hair loss constantly.

I'm just finishing off my masters at uni and I've been considering saving up for hair treatment but from what I can see it's very expensive and reading on this forum makes me pretty worried about going down this route in the UK.

I had very low thyroid levels and this was undiagnosed until 3 years ago. A local nurse mentioned that this could have been the cause of my hair thinning and falling out.

Many of the treatments and shampoos etc that are on offer in local super markets to combat hair loss have very mixed reviews and are pretty pricey at times. I'm going to have a read through and see

Having read through this forum for a few days now It looks a good place and a good community!

I've tried to add a few pics to show where my hair is at now. As you can see, it's still pretty thick around the sides and back, but my hairline is terrible and im so thin on top.

Attachments

• 113.JPG
    113.JPG
    710.6 KB · Views: 227
  • 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    910.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 110.JPG
    110.JPG
    657.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 109.JPG
    109.JPG
    660.1 KB · Views: 203
Reaction score
You should get on the big 3.
I use Ketokonazole shampoo and creme + 1.25 Finastride and got good result in only 2.5 - 3 months..have a look at my story and my photos.