New member, looking for some advice

Yancy Fry

Reaction score
I'm 22 and have some pretty serious thinning going on. In high school I used androgens and thats where I believe it happened. Everyone on my family tree has more hair than I do, including my father and both grandfathers.

In Feb I started to use Rogaine (costco brand) 5% twice a day. At first I was leaving it on too long but then I figured that out. Still, I encountered exczema for the first time in my life and had rapid heart rate issues so I discontinued it. It also seemed to be limiting my lifting performance (I compete in powerlifting) Which kinda sucks because I thought it was working pretty well.

Now I'm basically trying to search for anything that really works without too bad of side effects. I've read a lot on this site but am having a hard time putting it all into a real plan.

I do believe that my balding has stopped. I think it happened as a result of androgen use and I think it stopped when I stopped using said androgens. I have a ton of hairs up there, but they are super light and fine compared to the rest of my head

Before I started Rogaine:
IMG_0554.jpg

In the middle:
IMG_0584.jpg

Today:
IMG_0597.jpg

Is there anything I can do now (besides drugs, no oral drugs.... first any sort of DHT blocker is banned in powerlifting and second I don't want any risk of side effects) or should I just start shaving it again? I'm thinking I might be too far gone