New member saying hello and wanting help

Davey2013

Reaction score
Hi,
I am male,26 years old (27 next month) and i've noticed my hair thinning since Aug 2010.
It started at the crown and temples. Since i noticed from the end of 2010 and the whole of 2011 i could cover up any signs of hair loss very well as it was the early stages. Then 2012 came and that thick was not paying off. Ok it was fine in doors but out doors with the weather would expose my covering up tricks.
Now i'm at a stage that the signs of hair loss just cant be covered up anymore, and i'm sick of wearing hats every time i step out side.
I've been using Regaine Form since Aug 2010, every day, twice a day.
I went to the famous Hair Clinic that Wayne Rooney use to get his transplant two weeks ago. The answer i got was i havent lost enough hair to be given a TP as giving a TP at my stage could lead to more hair loss as it shocks my hair which leads to them falling out quicker.
The Doctor i saw at the Clinic told me to start using Propecia, and dont take any notice of the side effects.
Right away that day i sorted out getting Propecia, which i did but never hearing or reading about this pill before i did a quick look up online to see what the side effects. Sounds pretty scary. I have the pills here on the table, not taken any yet.
I've also read afew quick reviews from other members on here about Propecia and it seems to be a hit or a miss.

So my big questions are, should i start taking Propecia? Is the side effects as bad as they say. And is the outcome also bad if i stop taking Propecia?
Also, if anyone else could recommend any other steps i should take to help my hair loss.....
Has anyone had any good results with The Belgravia Centre?

Thank you for your time
Kind Regards
Davey

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi Davey. the only option left for you right now is take Propecia if you want to save your hair. It will work for some and won't for others. Some people will get sides and some won't. It really depends on the individual. You will never know if it will work for you if you don't try it yourself.
As for side effects and all, you could up the dose slowly. Say cut your table into 4 and take one daily (0.25mg) for a few weeks and if you don't have any sides, cut it into half and take a 0.5mg daily for a couple of weeks..and so on...til you can take 1mg daily without any sides.

By the way, please do not waste your time and money on a hair clinic such as the one you've mentioned. They are a rip off. ..

Good luck, mate

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
side effects of Propecia are greatly over exaggerated for the most part. It's the only thing you can do if you want to save your hair really. transplants are a last resort option

Davey2013

Reaction score
Thank you both for your time and helpful replies.
I have now started on Propecia a few days ago.

So all them hair clinics that the celebs are always advertising are not worth going to?
Also, is there any other treatments apart from Propecia and Regaine that is worth taking up? I'd really appreciate any more info.
Thank you
Davey