New Member - Where to Start ??

homer2210

Reaction score
I've been reading alot of information on the site and I'm not sure where to start with my hair loss regimen.
I am 40 and have a receding hairline and the crown is starting to show more as I age, i would like to get some hair growth back around the temples/front hairline and the crown. Any advice on what solutions/regimens to start with?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 198

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you're quite late. But definitely you can regrow hair on the crown. Start with the big 3. Finasteride,Minoxidil and Ketoconazole. I doubt if you can regrow hair on the frontal region but regrowing on the crown is highly possible. Another advice would be not to expect too much and be realistic. Your first goal would be to maintain the hair that you already have and thicken it up a bit. I wish you all the best :)

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey you don't mind me asking but when did your hairline start receding? Also when did you develop that bald spot?

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
IMO With your high age i think you should just hop on finasteride and keto only.minoxidil could help some regrowth but i doubt it would be enough for you coz if you had this issue formore than 5 or more years the regrowth won't be much.dutasteride is veeryy strong than finasteride but it too seems to cause sides more than finasteride(Don't panic about sides from finasteride coz they go away as your body tries to balance the hormone switch).Can't comment on dutasteride anymore but you should look by the forum for more info, there's plenty of them.Good luck

homer2210

Reaction score
I've always had a far back hairline, since I was young, but have noticed it more recently the past few years, the crown balding just started within the last 6 months.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Then start minoxidil right away for your crown and use finasteride and keto too.Have about a year for patience and you can grow most of your crown ill say

homer2210

Reaction score
Great, thanks.
is minoxidil just rogaine? can buy OTC?
finasteride and Keto need scrips?

- - - Updated - - -

what exactly do I need and where do I purchase it?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil is the generic name for rogaine. finasteride needs a script, 1% keto (nizoral) does not. You can get finasteride online without a script at the alldaychemist or inhousepharmacy.vu website (you need to pay with echeck on that one)

homer2210

Reaction score
Not sure if these are choices just on preference, but I dont know what I'm getting into just yet.

Minoxidil - should I get the liquid or foam? kirkland or rogaine?
finasteride - I see Finpecia-1MG (90 tablets), is this acceptable?
Nizral - I see cream, shampoo and pill, which is the best method?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is there any special shampoo that I should be using. Currently I just use basic head and shoulders.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude I would think you wouldn't care at your age...
All the stuff you listed sounds great, a proper formula to beat male pattern baldness in it's tracks.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
liquid is better and finpecia is good

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil-kirkland and IMO choose foam.Much easier to apply then the liquid.
finasteride-Go for what suits you and your wallet.
nizoral-Just the shampoo and no more.to be used 2 or 3 times a week.Higher use could lead to scalp irritation