new poster, my situation

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hello there, I'm a new poster but have been lurking these forums for a while and now it's time for me to contribute. I am a 33 year old male who started loosing around 24. I am somewhere in between an NW5-6 Regretably, I didn't get on a regimen at the first signs, nor have I begun a regimen yet. I suppose I am apprehensive about starting that long frustrating process of trial and error whereby I spend a small fortune on the various products and snake oils that can only promise little to no results (not to mention the possible side effects). I guess it starts with the big 3, but I have read some of these regimens and realize how quickly it can get out of hand and in many cases to no avail, sometimes even worse. So you see how this can seem like a confusing futile process to me, especially considering how far I've progressed already. However, I don't want to give up hope and like all of you am waiting for that miracle cure/treatment. There seems to be some possible solutions looming on the horizon that promise that ever elusive glimmer of hope. Hair manipulation; from my limited understanding involves cloning of DHT resistant follicles as opposed to slicing a huge chunk out of the back of your head. A different itteration of this method I read here involves injecting some chemical into the bald areas on your scalp (not unlike botox) to wake up those diminished follices. Another technique I heard of involves microderm abrasion, removing a couple layers of epidermis on the scalp, then applying a topical treatment. This process essentially starts growing those diminished/dead follices from scratch (DHT resistant or not, it buys time). I realize that I am just paraphrasing what I heard and it's obvious that I have much research to do. However, in light of these possible cures in the not to distant future, I am considering starting a regimen in anticipation for when these or any other truly viable solutions to this age old problem finally come to market.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
with a NW6 its hard to achieve a good result without hair transplant.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Out of the question. That is Frankenstein sh!t- totally barbaric (not to mention expensive)!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Out of the question. That is Frankenstein sh!t- totally barbaric (not to mention expensive)!

so if HM comes out, I guess you wont consider it neither?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Good point, ragin. I'm not sure, I guess I need to really look into it. From what I understand, the less invasive the better. Is HM really that close to hair transplant in terms of procedure?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Good point, ragin. I'm not sure, I guess I need to really look into it. From what I understand, the less invasive the better. Is HM really that close to hair transplant in terms of procedure?

I am not sure brother, I think by cloning your own hair at the back of your head, you don't need any so called donor area, so instead of transfering the hair from the back of your head to your top, they will be just adding new hair onto your scalp.

I personally don't think it will be available to the public within the next 5 yrs, so I am not dreaming too much about that.

It should come out within our life time though lol

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
With hair transplant you have to have the right ratio of donor hair to fill the bald area, which has it's limits. With HM, in theory it doesn't matter how big your bald area is because they can just clone enough back head hairs to get not only full coverage, but thick density. It will probably cost more the more you have to clone. I hope they don't make clones from clones because 2nd, 3rd generation and so on clones become degenerate. I wonder how many times they can clone one hair follicle before that follicle falls apart. They probably will take a small sample of follicles, but it would be unnoticeable unlike the huge scars resulting from hair transplant.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
With hair transplant you have to have the right ratio of donor hair to fill the bald area, which has it's limits. With HM, in theory it doesn't matter how big your bald area is because they can just clone enough back head hairs to get not only full coverage, but thick density. It will probably cost more the more you have to clone. I hope they don't make clones from clones because 2nd, 3rd generation and so on clones become degenerate. I wonder how many times they can clone one hair follicle before that follicle falls apart. They probably will take a small sample of follicles, but it would be unnoticeable unlike the huge scars resulting from hair transplant.

HM is still too far away man, dont get your hope up bro.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hey masculine, who was that directed toward? Since I started posting, Ragin's been there for me. He's not being an a**h** he's being realistic and honest, which is the most you could hope for from a friend. If your directing the a**h** towards me (since you kinda bashed my 7-11 story) and may have seen my outright slurs at the various NW1's posting up pics to make all of us truly bald people jealous then, :jackit:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I don't think he was directing to me...I think he wasn't happy with your comment in his thread.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If I didn't know better (and I usually do) I would say MYH and I are mortal enemies.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
MYH, thanks for clearing that up. Yes, I admit to over reacting to those peoples genuine concerns as I did for your own. Neither them nor you deserved that. And yes, there is nothing wrong with nipping male pattern baldness in the bud before it becomes a problem. Like I mentioned in one of those threads, I regret not doing that myself. And yes, I am very bitter from years of hardships endured at the hands of MBP. I have lost more than just hair. So I apologize to anyone I may have offended. I'm new here and I guess I just didn't expect to see so many people in such good shape (way better off than me) so jealousy was a knee jerk reaction and the heaping helping of hopelessness that ensued for my own situation. You should feel lucky that you will probably never have to face the kind of social rejection that I have. I came here looking for help, but it seems I am beyond that point. I suppose the only real way to for me stop my balding any further would be a bullet to the brain. Good luck with your regimen.

FTank

Reaction score
I'm sorry male pattern baldness has caused you so much hurt. Until my hair loss acclerated greatly last year I had no idea how it effected people's lives. Though things have improved greatly the past 20 years hair loss is still a huge challenge. Every possible solution to help a hair loss suffer fight back seems to bare slight to great risk. The drugs can have side effects and most guys don't really want to wear a wig, hair transplants seem to be pretty useless for the most part when it comes to the people that would benefit the most from it. Heck right now I have my head shaved bald and I am working to try and get in great shape. I would like to get a nice tan but I have always had such pale skin that I think it would put me at risk for skin cancer so I know sometimes it can seem like there is no solution.

I started doing yoga a on regular basis about 3 months ago and that has helped a lot. I don't believe it grew me a single hair. (Although I will admit for awhile I did try to visualize the propecia in my body going after the dht and growing all my hair back) I believe it helped change my energy for the better which had been hit so hard from the hair loss. For awhile I felt bitter and more negative. I was ungrateful for all the good that was given to me in life and focused on how it was so unfair I was going bald at 26 when old men had full heads of hair. I really started to have negative feelings for all the men I saw with great hair. I didn't want to go out with my friends as much and I felt really weird when people would mention hair. Yoga hasn't solved all those mental hangouts but it has helped greatly I believe. We can't always control what is happening with our hair and genes but we can still greatly impact how we feel on the inside. In this area we can improve and do have options. I know hair loss is a b**ch and appearence matters but that makes it all the more important for us to kick *** in every way we can control.

When it comes to treating hair loss I am starting to believe it's just as important to treat emotional pain and energy that can come with it. For some I know it is pretty minor yet for others it can be completly life altering. Those that don't go through hair loss can not understand it. I grew up with a bald father and learned through my mother how much it hurt him. For that reason I never made fun of the bald growing up but maybe I would have if I hadn't seen my father suffer from it. And I still didn't really understand it until I was hit personally with it.

Anyway I have a tendency to ramble a lot about unrelated points but I don't think you are beyond help. When way are another you will find a solution to your problem. Maybe you will shave your head and work on doing the best you can with every part of your life, ttitude and all. If the shaved look just won't go then maybe you can achieve a great cosmitic benefit from a top of the line hair transplant doctor combined with medical treatment. Life has delt you a bitter lemon here but is it some how possible to turn it into lemonade?

I wish you the best and hope that you will find hope one way or another and that the suffering you have endured from hair loss will become your past and not your future.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
MYH, thanks for clearing that up. Yes, I admit to over reacting to those peoples genuine concerns as I did for your own. Neither them nor you deserved that. And yes, there is nothing wrong with nipping male pattern baldness in the bud before it becomes a problem. Like I mentioned in one of those threads, I regret not doing that myself. And yes, I am very bitter from years of hardships endured at the hands of MBP. I have lost more than just hair. So I apologize to anyone I may have offended. I'm new here and I guess I just didn't expect to see so many people in such good shape (way better off than me) so jealousy was a knee jerk reaction and the heaping helping of hopelessness that ensued for my own situation. You should feel lucky that you will probably never have to face the kind of social rejection that I have. I came here looking for help, but it seems I am beyond that point. I suppose the only real way to for me stop my balding any further would be a bullet to the brain. Good luck with your regimen.

you will never know how far the treatment can bring you, you might be suprised.

although HM is not close, it is certainly possible, dont give up your hope man.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:

you will never know how far the treatment can bring you, you might be suprised.

although HM is not close, it is certainly possible, dont give up your hope man.