New product! Men's Rogaine® Foam

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I read the link - said it dries faster but not how much faster.

It is promising though - non-greasy and doesn't run over your head like champagne.

I look forward to buying it in the UK in 20 years.

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
"While using Men's Rogaine® Foam, you can continue other hair care routines, including washing, styling-even coloring-as long as you allow Rogaine® to dry first. "

maybe im reading this wrong....but why would you put it in and THEN wash your hair? even if this were true, mentally it would mess me up - its hard to imagine it would work if you wash your hair right afterwards.

id like to try it out though...my biggest concern has been that it seems like such a pain in the butt to put on and style your hair afterwards..i put gel in right after i get out of the shower and blow dry....would it make sense to style it like normal, then at the end put the foam in?

Felk

Reaction score
I posted this in the other thread, but as different people might be viewing this thread, and i'm very interested if anyone knows...

About the only issue I would want to know about would be how it compares in systematic absorbtion with other minoxidil. formulations. Does it say anywhere whether it's systematically absorbed to a greater or lesser extent than liquid minoxidil?

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol this product is such bullshit. 30$ for a minoxidil foam. How about they charge some money for NEW treatments not just trying to milk the balding community for cash with recycled crap in new wrapping. Dickheads. I just hope they spent millions on getting it on the market and that the sales will be 0. That should teach them

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
Apoc said:
Lol this product is such bullshit. 30$ for a minoxidil foam. How about they charge some money for NEW treatments not just trying to milk the balding community for cash with recycled crap in new wrapping. Dickheads. I just hope they spent millions on getting it on the market and that the sales will be 0. That should teach them

if it absorbs faster and is less of a mess, how is it not an improvement? ill take what i can get.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
It dries in an instant and leaves no mess on my head since I have a buzz cut and use Dr.Lees minoxidil. I also don't know how exactly are you going to apply the foam on your head and let it penetrate better since there is no way you can get it as deep as the liquid if you have longer hair. And since nobody tried it yet let's wait until the users give it the thumbs up. One thing that is certain is that there is no way it will be more effective than the old minoxidil.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Interesting. Not very expensive (i.e., 3 bottle purchase) and looks to be cosmetically acceptable?

Apoc: Have you seen a study that concludes the foam minoxidil. will be more, less, or equally as effective as regular minoxidil.?
Felk: It passed FDA trials, so it probably has about the same systemic effect? However, I haven't seen any studies on the foam stuff.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Old: it's minoxidil, how can it be more effective without serious sideeffects? We have 2% minoxidil, 3.5% with liposomes, 5%, 12.5%, 15%, with azelaic acid, without PPG... this stuff has been remixed more than Knocking on heavens door. And coming from such major drug manufacturer I consider it a slap in the face to the balding community.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Apoc said:
Old: it's minoxidil, how can it be more effective without serious sideeffects? We have 2% minoxidil, 3.5% with liposomes, 5%, 12.5%, 15%, with azelaic acid, without PPG... this stuff has been remixed more than Knocking on heavens door. And coming from such major drug manufacturer I consider it a slap in the face to the balding community.

:lol: :lol: :shock:

Breathe deeply, exhale, breathe deeply, exhale....

I do see your point though.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
FRD0130.jpg

I guess this is the new look for us.

Cassin

Reaction score
Apoc said:

Apoc said:
And since nobody tried it yet let's wait until the users give it the thumbs up.

Lol...but lets go ahead and trash the product! :roll:

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I´m so excited about the new Rogaine Foam!!!!

No, actually I was being ironic.

What I´m waiting for anxiously is Rogaine toothpaste.

Damn you Pfizer. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :-x :-x

gambit420

Reaction score
I ordered it Monday. I'm a longtime user of Rogaine and Dr. Lee's brands.

Will let you know how it is!

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Apoc said:

Apoc said:
And since nobody tried it yet let's wait until the users give it the thumbs up.

Lol...but lets go ahead and trash the product! :roll:

No we should get all our hopes up and dance in circles for being saved since we can now shave our facial hair and grow hair on the head by using just one foam. :roll:

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
It is a good product! Think about it when you apply regular minoxidil on your scalp it usually drips on the sides and your face. Foam does not drip and it turns to liquid very slow therefore it gives your scalp time to absorb minoxidil better. I tried minoxidil for 1 month than I quit. Out of 1ml i would say only 20% was actually staying on the spot and being absorbed.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
well i'm getting some too, so i'll be sure to report back.
if i can actually use this stuff without it making it look like i'm buttering my remaining hair every morning, it will be worth the extra dough.

did i read something on here that the foam is supposed to reduce systemic absorbtion? i can't find it now so i wonder if that was just wishful thinking.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Apoc said:

i see you have now switched to the foam, do you still feel this way buddy?