New RU

CCS

Reaction score
I think the main purpose of a cream is to evaporate slowly, so that it delivers drug to your scalp over an extended period of time incase the drug takes time to complex with its targe, compared to the rate it enters the blood, or the drug is metabolised shortly after entry. So you need something with a high boiling point, but preferably not to thick or colored, so you can apply it in the day. I think RU may work 24 hours. Finally a cream needs a penetration enhancer. Buy a $10 gallon of cheap oleic acid. Do a search on old baldy. The oleic acid should surve to slow evaporation and even inhibit 5ar a bit and will be a penetration enhancer. Then get SD-40B ethyl alcohol at a perfume site. 20% acid and 3% RU ought to do it. Look in the experimental section for RU. I posted purchasing info at the end. Or split the costs with someone and do 1.5%.

Felk

Reaction score
With RU being so expensive, i think i'll just stick to the instructions the company give me (just recipes for people who it's worked for)

It uses perfumers blend, and some ppg, i believe. Stax used this, after a month had his temples fill in (though he was using a lot of other stuff), then hasnt posted since. Apart from one little argument ending with "who cares, my hair is doing great, i'm off"

I'll experiment with spironolactone, fatty acids, phenytoin perhaps, topical finasteride, but with something as expensive as RU, i'm being more conservative.

CCS

Reaction score
I'd just want it for my hairline, and at that price, I could get proxiphen, and who knows how much effect the rest of his regimen had. I'm tempted to put a bunch of money down now and try it and proxiphen at once.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
The question that interests me is why if RU works so well nobody is developing it to put it on the market?

CCS

Reaction score
only the people who have the patent can do that. they don't have the money. why, if GSK is so smart with their money, have they not sold the patent for dutasteride for hairloss to someone else who can afford FDA trials? Because it is not worth it to anyone to do it and GSK is still getting off label use. This small company is still getting orders, just not a whole lot. It is on the market, just does not have a web site and is not cheap. Most people don't want to pay $400 at once.

CCS

Reaction score
RU58841

it is an androgen receptor blocker, the strongest we have. Shrinks hampster flank organ 60% compared to spironolactone's 30% and castration's 75%.

Just need a good vehicle. $300 for 10 grams plus $90 shipping look in the experimental section or google "faith eagle"

CCS

Reaction score
if you use 1.5mL per day at 3.5%, 6 months. many people think it won't last in the freezer more than 6 months, but I don't know what Bryan thinks of that.

UCSF bought some and tested it and found it to be 99% pure. The company is legit.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
RU 58841 is one of the biggest mysteries to me since I've been reading about male pattern baldness.

Bryan posted an article stating how it is made and it is pretty involved but professionals shouldn't have much trouble producing it IMHO.

Why it hasn't been produced by some pros is beyond me. It's a mystery IMHO.

Maybe, it has something to do with the FDA? If made for cosmetic purposes it wouldn't have NEAR as many hurdles to leap though.

Does it have to do with patent protection?

I'm just plain mystified why RU 58841 hasn't been produced by more professionals.

From what I've read it is safe and doesn't get into our systems.