New to forums

Brutus

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 18 years old and I don't have any real hair loss yet, but I'm worried that it might start in the future. My dad has a full head of hair (NW1), as does my maternal grandfather (around NW3, I can post pics if necessary), great grandfather (died at 90 with perfect NW1 hair), and great-great grandfather (died at 45 with NW2 hair). My uncle is 60 and around age 50 he started diffusely thinning on the top of his head, but before then his hair was ridiculously thick.

What worries me is that my mom actually has quite a bit of hair loss. She just turned 51 and already has the thin characteristic line down her head of female pattern hair loss. I talked to my mom about it one day and she told me not to worry, since only the females in her family have gotten it; her mother had it, and so did her mother's mother (from pictures I can see that none of their fathers went bald).

Recently, I went from a perfect NW0 hairline to a mature one (NW1-ish) in the span of a couple months, and when I run my fingers through my hair (particularly on the left side), I tend to pick up a few strands of hair. My hair has always been pretty soft, but it appears to be more so these days. Maybe I am just being paranoid, but I would like to hear y'all's opinions.

Thanks!

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just keep an eye on your temples and or/crown. I think there is a test you can get to determine the sensitivity of your follicles to androgens (basically a test that shows whether or not you will be balding in the future). But I am not sure, you can look into it if you want.