New to the forum, need regimen help?

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been fighting hairloss for about the last two years, i have been on and off with crinagen, minoxidl and recently folligen. The minoxidil seems to work in the back when i stay on it unfortunataly i get busy and what not and have never stayed on any of these consitantly. I was using the crinagen then applying the minoxidil then the folligen after those.

My main concern is my hairline which is thinnining fast, i have though about jumping on finasteride, spironolactone and minoxidil, but i have heard that finasteride can make your hairline shed faster.

Otherwise i was thinking of going with spironolactone, minoxidil, and folligen spray.

what do you guys recommend, if i go on finasteride i probably shouldnt stop the minoxidil since i have been using it but would you recommend also going on the spironolactone.

Also if i decide against the finasteride would the spironolactone minoxidil foligen be a good regimen and should i dilute the foligen spray some to use it everyday accross more of my head.

also i am 22 if i get on finasteride do i need to worry about side effects.

Thanks

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
also i am using the genric minoxidil froms sams club its a great deal. I dont know if i want to just on spironolactone right yet, so maybe just getting on minoxidil on finasteride is a good choice, i dunno? I am kinda lost with all the treatments out their ans what goes good together. I'm thinking i should do the minoxidil, finasteride, and get nizorol. Also if using nizorol is folligen really needed?

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
i seen you are on folligen spray, how offten do you use it and do you dilute it at all?

I am just worried by getting on finasteride i might lose my hairline even more, as i've read has happened to some.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
mgoettl said:
i seen you are on folligen spray, how offten do you use it and do you dilute it at all?

I sure as hell do dilute my folligen! Excellent use of the view my regimen button. You're already more advanced than many members of this forum. Check it out:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... er+pickart

I use it about 5 times a week.

About people on finasteride losing their hairline: I suspect this has more to do with male pattern baldness that finasteride. Time elapses and male pattern baldness progresses during the time one uses finasteride, and it doesn't always work wonders. The front is the hardest part to maintain/regrow.

MH

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
so if i order some proscar should i cut it into 1/5's or 1/4's, because i assume when you cut the pill some probably cracks off so i would think 1/4's.
What way do most people do it?

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
Chujgcha said:
I cut my proscar into 1/4's. Take one everyday for four days and rest on the fifth day.

by the rest do you mean the crumbs, also whats the dif with nizoral and t-gel , do most use t-gel for regular shampoo and then the nizoral like every third or forth day, and where can i buy nizoral 2% without a prescription.

misterium

Reaction score
I suggest using nizoral a few times a week, then on non nizoral days, use T/Sal instead of T-Gel.

T/Sal is nice !

Folligen can be dilluted, it's strong. I spray it up close to my crown hair, and let it kinda soak and drip into the scalp. Few times a week.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Side effects?..look at Chuj's avatar...that says it all right there my friend.

G

mgoettl said:
by the rest do you mean the crumbs, also whats the dif with nizoral and t-gel , do most use t-gel for regular shampoo and then the nizoral like every third or forth day, and where can i buy nizoral 2% without a prescription.

he did not say 'THE rest'

he means that on fifth day he rests, that is he has NO finasteride.

easy to confuse

Nizoral 2% in the UK is OTC so you can get it anywhere, in most supermarkets. [/u]

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
Chujgcha said:
mgoettl said:
Chujgcha said:
I cut my proscar into 1/4's. Take one everyday for four days and rest on the fifth day.

if you cut into 1/4's you get a dose of 1.25 mg per day. Most suggest 1 mg a day. That is why on the fifth day I don't take any finasteride. I am not sure if there's any proof that you can regulate your dose by doing this???

Oh i mis-read it, is that what most people do, would their be any advantage or disadvantage by taking another on the fifth day.

G

mgoettl said:
is that what most people do, would their be any advantage or disadvantage by taking another on the fifth day.

me = 1.25mg each and every day.