new to this game - help would be appreciated

club101

Reaction score
Boys,

I have a prescription ready to go for my propecia but im not sure what dose to take, I want to ask a pro but in Australia dermatologists are as common as drop bears...

Any advice.. I was thinkin of starting on half a pill a day instead of the full one? Is this a waste of time or will it do the job......

Help this balding joe! :cry:

SE-freak

Reaction score
If you were prescribed propecia, you were prescribed the recommended for hairloss 1mg dose of finasteride.

club101

Reaction score
thanks mate, just curious on takin a little less than the 1mg as the Dr. I saw didnt really give a .....

SE-freak

Reaction score
club101 said:
thanks mate, just curious on takin a little less than the 1mg as the Dr. I saw didnt really give a .....

The Dr might not give a f*** but you obviously do. Do not start by experimenting. The safest way (being the way which combines increased probability for results and decreased for sides) is simulating the propecia trials. These trials were conducted with the administration of 1mg of finasteride daily.

My suggestion would be to start by using the recommended dose and if any problems arise then reevaluate. Make sure you use an antiinflammatory shampoo like Nizoral in your rotation too. It can make a difference.

Welcome on board.

Britannia

Reaction score
I agree with SE. Start off with the recommended dose (1mg) a day and see how it goes. You need to give it at least 6 months before you have any chance of seeing results, sometimes its even longer. If things dont work out then you can try something else. Try adding 2% Nizoral to your regeime.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yep, Listen to SE-freak.

What is a drop bear?

club101

Reaction score
Thanks lads, Ill get on it and hope for the best... :?

Drop bears - the alternate killer koalas who come out at night to play...

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
club101 said:
Thanks lads, Ill get on it and hope for the best... :?

You can hope for a cessation of hair loss, not much more, don't expect any significant regrowth, a multi-modal approach is your only hope of cosmetic regrowth, but if you are simply trying to hang on to what you currently have then 1mg of finasteride a day is the best starting point.