New to this - Propecia costs (Canada)

Scott_A

Reaction score
Hi
I've recently admitted to myself that my hairline is receding. I think it's slowly been happening a couple years, but has gotten a lot worse in the last year, if not even shorter period of time. It's not really noticable unless I comb my hair a certain way. I told my friend and she didn't believe me. So it's at a point I'd like to stop it.

The problem is, I have very very very little money.

I know procepia is what I want to prevent further loss. How much does it generally cost per month? Is online purchase a lot cheaper? I don't really like shopping online. Are there good generic versions? It's hard to find info on the net because all you get is, "Buy this here! We're the best!"

Anyway, I'm only 24 ... I'd be fine with being balding in my late thirties or forties, but not in my twenties. This is a huge blow to my self esteem.

I'm really just concerned that there will be a treatment, but I won't be able to afford it.

Scott_A

Reaction score
sub-question

If I take procepia, will it eventually stop working? Or is this something that will eventually lose it's effect and my hair will start receding again?

Scott_A

Reaction score
another sub-question

I've heard if you're using propecia, and stop taking it, you will lose hair within' one year. What I'm wondering, is if this is hair that happens to regrow from propecia use, or all the hair I would have lost if I had not taken propecia?

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
well a cheap way of geting it is online and instead of geting propecia get proscar same drug 5 times as strong and split it into 4
thats what i do and it cost me around 150 US a year

if you need some address of cheap and legit sites just ask

if you stop any treatment you will start losing hair again

you seem to be new to this, i would advice doing a lot of research before you take any drugs, this site has a lot of good info as does the rest of the net, but watch out for scams, these is 10 X more sh*t then prouducts that work

Kiwi

matt_1_

Reaction score
In canada Propecia cost something like 50-60 $, like said before the best way to get it cheap is by cutting in 4 proscar pills. If you stop taking propecia, within one year hair will fallout until the point if you hadn't taking the pill

Whammy

Reaction score
i'm in Canada. I went to a walk in clinic and got proscar subscribed. I cut it into quarters. It's cheap.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
If you're really cheap, and if they still have it, you can get genic finasteride 5mg from India under the name "Fincar". I got a years supply a while back for around $90.

But even $150 per year isn't that bad considering that I paid $50/month when propecia first came out.