New Topical Product On the Market....May Work

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
if you google it it'll take you to the forum on where the guy whos creating it is talking about it. It looks to be $35 for 6 oz. It isnt quite out yet, it should be in days, and when it is it can be found on nutraplanet. I'm pretty interested, and for the price and the amount you can get I imagine you could stretch it out for a while.

Petchsky

Reaction score
The pictures look dodgy to me :hmmm:

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe all of those pictures were taken from the individual studies that were done on the specific ingredients

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it should last FAR more than six weeks, at least thats what the creator says. At 6 oz's I can easily see it lasting 4 or 5 months or longer if you use 1ml a day....

A

Administrator

Careful of this guys.

Anytime there are 3+ people with fewer than 20 posts appearing out of nowhere ... and linking to a place you can buy a "new product" that "may work" ... (one of them has fewer than 7 posts) ... just be cautious.

CCS

Reaction score
Ingredients:

Raspberry Ketone The central and novel ingredient in the formula, Raspberry Ketone, works through the transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1). TRPV1 functions as an integrator of endogenous and exogenous nociceptive stimuli. The painful response from the consumption of hot peppers, for example, is the result of TRPV1 activation. However, TRPV1 exists nearly ubiquitously in the body, including skin tissue. The most researched ligand of this receptor is capsaicin, however many endogenous activators and sensitizers exist, such as heat, acidosis, derivatives of arachidonic acid, lipid peroxidation metabolites, and endocannabinoids. It is quite clear from these alone how nutrition and lifestyle can factor into this equation, and this will be further discussed later in the article. With the existance of TRPV1 in the epidermis, hair follicle, sebaceous gland, and some dermal cell populations, the next logical step was to find what it does in these areas.

I've never heard of any of this stuff. You should do a google search to find independent sources, not just the people selling it. It is possible they are the only people who studied it, though. Post the study here, and I'll see if they at least tried to make it look legit. If it got published, like in Pubmed or something, that would add a lot more credibility. I agree with the admin though that 3 posts by such newbies all acting so excited like they just now saw it and think the ingredients are promissing, is very very fishy.

bobonyc

Reaction score
Sunlight/Tanning Bed
UV exposure reduces endothelial NK1 expression, depletes SP, and triggers the release of CGRP from sensory nerves, at least acutely. Recall how RK works in a similar manner. Thus, adequate sunlight may directly stimulate hair growth this way. Additionally, since vitamin D is synthesized in response to sunlight exposure, and given its receptors' nearly ubiquitous role in the body, it is possible that it may directly or indirectly promote hair growth by maintaining hormonal balance or some other unknown mechanism.

Can anyone confirm/deny this ? So tanning is good for hairloss, or at least doesnt hurt.

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
I am not spamming, i was just kind of excited about this product. The guy thats putting this out is very reputable at the anabolicx forum and they have pages and pages dedicated to this stuff.. It seems pretty legit from all of their experience, and the ingredients have science behind them

Reaction score
First off, I am not spamming this board. My posts so far only are based on scientific studies, as is this. I believe this formula has merit mostly due to the raspberry ketones, which seems to work favorably as you can see. I also believe that this would be a perfect adjunct to minoxidil and finasteride since RK seems to act through the neurological pathway, something not addressed by either of the aforementioned products.

Effect of topical application of raspberry ketone on dermal production of insulin-like growth factor-I in mice and on hair growth and skin elasticity in humans.

Harada N, Okajima K, Narimatsu N, Kurihara H, Nakagata N.
Department of Translational Medical Science Research, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi 1, Mizuho-cho, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya 467-8601, Japan.

Sensory neurons release calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) on activation. We recently reported that topical application of capsaicin increases facial skin elasticity and promotes hair growth by increasing dermal insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) production through activation of sensory neurons in mice and humans. Raspberry ketone (RK), a major aromatic compound contained in red raspberries (Rubus idaeus), has a structure similar to that of capsaicin. Thus, it is possible that RK activates sensory neurons, thereby increasing skin elasticity and promoting hair growth by increasing dermal IGF-I production. In the present study, we examined this possibility in mice and humans. RK, at concentrations higher than 1 microM, significantly increased CGRP release from dorsal root ganglion neurons (DRG) isolated from wild-type (WT) mice and this increase was completely reversed by capsazepine, an inhibitor of vanilloid receptor-1 activation. Topical application of 0.01% RK increased dermal IGF-I levels at 30 min after application in WT mice, but not in CGRP-knockout mice. Topical application of 0.01% RK increased immunohistochemical expression of IGF-I at dermal papillae in hair follicles and promoted hair re-growth in WT mice at 4 weeks after the application. When applied topically to the scalp and facial skin, 0.01% RK promoted hair growth in 50.0% of humans with alopecia (n=10) at 5 months after application and increased cheek skin elasticity at 2 weeks after application in 5 females (p<0.04). These observations strongly suggest that RK might increase dermal IGF-I production through sensory neuron activation, thereby promoting hair growth and increasing skin elasticity.

PMID: 18321745 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1832 ... d_RVDocSum

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
So after going downtown and celebrating a friends birthday and drinking my share, i came home and convinced my self to spend the money on it, i'll let you all know what it looks like when it gets here.

Reaction score
squeegee said:
The Cayenne/isoflavones combo is more impressive than the new stuff...

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=ddx7hj45_405pb9xqqht

Looking directly at the results I would have to agree with you, but there are problems with oral ingestion. Cayenne is very irritating to the gut, it is common to develope GI intestinal problems with continued use, also it is not ideal to take with certain medications. Topically it also presents a number of problems including contact dermatitis.

The beauty of the raspberry ketone product is that it does not need to be taken orally, it works as a topical, therefore the incidence of side effects is greatly diminished. In fact as a topical there are low incidences of reported side effects. Since either of these products needs to be taken long term to retain any benefits, it is preferential we chose the one least likely to do harm.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
LookingForAnswers said:
squeegee said:
The Cayenne/isoflavones combo is more impressive than the new stuff...

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=ddx7hj45_405pb9xqqht

Looking directly at the results I would have to agree with you, but there are problems with oral ingestion. Cayenne is very irritating to the gut, it is common to develope GI intestinal problems with continued use, also it is not ideal to take with certain medications. Topically it also presents a number of problems including contact dermatitis.

The beauty of the raspberry ketone product is that it does not need to be taken orally, it works as a topical, therefore the incidence of side effects is greatly diminished. In fact as a topical there are low incidences of reported side effects. Since either of these products needs to be taken long term to retain any benefits, it is preferential we chose the one least likely to do harm.

Bullshit!!!Cayenne doesn't have anything to do with GI intestinal problems at all lol, it has been used for the following problems gastrointestinal tract, including stomach aches, cramping pains, and gas.......Itcontains powerful anti-infectionary properties, which promote the health of the mucous membranes that line the nasal passages, lungs, intestinal tract, and urinary tract. Cayenne pepper helps kill the negative bacteria and protect against stomach ulcers.

Reaction score
squeegee said:
Bullshit!!!Cayenne doesn't have anything to do with GI intestinal problems at all lol, it has been used for the following problems gastrointestinal tract, including stomach aches, cramping pains, and gas.......Itcontains powerful anti-infectionary properties, which promote the health of the mucous membranes that line the nasal passages, lungs, intestinal tract, and urinary tract. Cayenne pepper helps kill the negative bacteria and protect against stomach ulcers.

Rude language does not make your right. If you wish to use it, go ahead, but be informed.

Generic Name: CAPSICUM - ORAL

Cayenne Pepper Oral Side Effects
Stomach upset/fullness, gas, heartburn, sweating, runny nose, watery eyes, or diarrhea may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

If your doctor has directed you to use this medication, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur:

severe stomach/abdominal pain
easy bleeding/bruising
change in the amount of urine
symptoms of liver disease (e.g., dark urine, persistent nausea/vomiting, severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin)

A very serious allergic reaction to this product is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including:

rash
itching
swelling
severe dizziness
trouble breathing

This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

Possible Interactions
If you are currently being treated with any of the following medications, you should not use cayenne preparations without first talking to your health care provider.

ACE inhibitors -- Using capsaicin cream on the skin may increase the risk of cough associated with ACE inhibitors. These are medications used to regulate blood pressure, including captopril, enalapril, and lisinopril. People who take ACE inhibitors should talk to their doctor before taking cayenne.

Stomach acid reducers -- Capsaicin can cause an increase in stomach acid, lessening the effect of drugs such as cimetidine (Tagamet), famotidine (Pepcid), ranitidine (Zantac), omeprazole (Prilosec), and esomeprazole (Nexium). The same is true of over-the-counter drugs such as Maalox, Rolaids, Tums, and nonprescription versions of Tagamet, Pepcid, Zantac, and Prilosec.

Aspirin -- Capsaicin may decrease the effectiveness of aspirin to relieve pain, and may increase the risk of bleeding associated with aspirin.

Blood-thinning medications and herbs -- Capsaicin may increase the risk of bleeding associated with certain blood-thinning medications (such as warfarin and heparin) and herbs (such as ginkgo, ginger, ginseng, and garlic).

Theophylline -- Regular use of cayenne may increase the absorption of theophylline, a medication used to treat asthma, to toxic levels.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
LookingForAnswers said:
squeegee said:

Rude language does not make your right. If you wish to use it, go ahead, but be informed.

Generic Name: CAPSICUM - ORAL

Cayenne Pepper Oral Side Effects
Stomach upset/fullness, gas, heartburn, sweating, runny nose, watery eyes, or diarrhea may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.

If your doctor has directed you to use this medication, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.

Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur:

severe stomach/abdominal pain
easy bleeding/bruising
change in the amount of urine
symptoms of liver disease (e.g., dark urine, persistent nausea/vomiting, severe stomach/abdominal pain, yellowing eyes/skin)

A very serious allergic reaction to this product is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including:

rash
itching
swelling
severe dizziness
trouble breathing

This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

Possible Interactions
If you are currently being treated with any of the following medications, you should not use cayenne preparations without first talking to your health care provider.

ACE inhibitors -- Using capsaicin cream on the skin may increase the risk of cough associated with ACE inhibitors. These are medications used to regulate blood pressure, including captopril, enalapril, and lisinopril. People who take ACE inhibitors should talk to their doctor before taking cayenne.

Stomach acid reducers -- Capsaicin can cause an increase in stomach acid, lessening the effect of drugs such as cimetidine (Tagamet), famotidine (Pepcid), ranitidine (Zantac), omeprazole (Prilosec), and esomeprazole (Nexium). The same is true of over-the-counter drugs such as Maalox, Rolaids, Tums, and nonprescription versions of Tagamet, Pepcid, Zantac, and Prilosec.

Aspirin -- Capsaicin may decrease the effectiveness of aspirin to relieve pain, and may increase the risk of bleeding associated with aspirin.

Blood-thinning medications and herbs -- Capsaicin may increase the risk of bleeding associated with certain blood-thinning medications (such as warfarin and heparin) and herbs (such as ginkgo, ginger, ginseng, and garlic).

Theophylline -- Regular use of cayenne may increase the absorption of theophylline, a medication used to treat asthma, to toxic
levels.

In you posted study, Some subjects received 6mg of capsaicin and 75mg isoflavone per day for 5 months, while others placebo received placebo. In all of the subjects receiving the capsaicin + isoflavone, serum IGF-I was increased after 5 months. 64.5% overall showed regrowth, while it was effective in 88% of subjects with androgenic alopecia. The following photos are results from 4 subjects.

This dose is really damn safe, inexpensive and can be added to any regimen even with you rasberry ketone product. It is like everything else, abuse it and you will get side-effects from it. Just start with small dose with low heat-units. Use common sense and take advantage of this study. I've been taking the duo cayenne/isoflavones 500mg-50 000 HU/100mg for months and have no side-effects at all.

Department of Translational Medical Science Research, Nagoya City University, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kawasumi 1, Mizuho-cho, Mizuho-ku, Nagoya 467-8601, Japan.

OBJECTIVE: Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) plays an important role in hair growth. Capsaicin activates vanilloid receptor-1, thereby increasing the release of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) from sensory neurons, and CGRP has been shown to increase IGF-I production. We recently reported that isoflavone, a phytoestrogen, increases production of CGRP by increasing its transcription in sensory neurons. These observations raise the possibility that administration of capsaicin and isoflavone might promote hair growth by increasing IGF-I production. In the present study, we examined this possibility in mice and humans with alopecia. DESIGN: Dermal IGF-I levels, immunohistochemical expression of IGF-I in the skin and hair regrowth were examined after capsaicin and isoflavone administration to wild-type (WT) mice and CGRP-knockout mice. Plasma levels of IGF-I and promotion of hair growth were evaluated in 48 volunteers with alopecia after administration of capsaicin and isoflavone for 5 months. RESULTS: Subcutaneous administration of capsaicin significantly increased dermal IGF-I levels at 30 min after administration in WT mice (p < 0.01), but not in CGRP-knockout mice. Dermal levels of IGF-I were significantly higher in WT mice administered capsaicin and isoflavone for 4 wks than in those administered capsaicin alone for 4 wks (p < 0.01) and in those administered neither of them (p < 0.01). Immunohistochemical expression of IGF-I at dermal papillae in hair follicles was increased in WT mice administered capsaicin and isoflavone and in those administered capsaicin alone at 4 wks. Hair regrowth was clearly more accelerated in WT mice administered capsaicin and isoflavone for 4 wks than in those administered capsaicin alone for 4 wks and in those administered neither of them. Plasma levels of IGF-I were significantly increased from baseline levels in 31 volunteers with alopecia at 5 months after oral administration of capsaicin (6 mg/day) and isoflavone (75 mg/day) (p < 0.01), while they were not increased in 17 volunteers with alopecia administered placebo. The number of volunteers with alopecia who showed promotion of hair growth at 5 months after administration was significantly higher among volunteers administered capsaicin and isoflavone (20/31: 64.5%) than among those administered placebo (2/17: 11.8%) (p < 0.01). CONCLUSIONS: These observations strongly suggested that combined administration of capsaicin and isoflavone might increase IGF-I production in hair follicles in the skin, thereby promoting hair growth. Such effects of capsaicin and isoflavone might be mediated by sensory neuron activation in the skin.

Reaction score
I am very glad you have suffered no detrimental effects, but you are not everyone, there are those that will suffer minor side effects that are simply annoying and there are those that will suffer major side effects that may be life threathening. Please do not imply that this is totally safe, it is not.