Newbie--Help with advice and norwood scale. Thanks!

Jls008

Reaction score
Hello. I am 38 years old. I have been lurking the forum for years. I have been on propecia, nizoral and minoxidil for over a decade. Everything seemed stabilized in my 30s until about 6 months ago when the hairline started going back and density really decreased. I can still camouflage it with styling products, but concerned about what the next year may bring. Can you offer your thoughts on where I am on the norwood scale and what else I can do to increase efforts to halt progression? Thanks!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 191
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 197

Vanitykills

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a good NW3; strong at the top and back. Some say that if you feel that finasteride is less effective after a reasonable amount time, try dutasteride or both finasteride/dutasteride in certain ratios. It's stronger, however, with that you could start to get sides so tread carefully.

Quite a few men start to rapidly lose hair around 35. You started at approx 25, I dunno, maybe it's some kind of catchup.

If I were you I'd just keep doing what you're doing—big 3 and eat healthy.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Well there's room in your regimen for more topicals if you wanted to try that (spironolactone, RU, CB, Revivogen, Tricomin etc.). How effective those will be is debatable. A small hair transplant could be an answer too, especially being over 30.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
you hair looks good~~