Newbie - just looking for advice on RU/Fluridil combo

diffuse101

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm just trying to work out a regime and looking for a bit of advice in terms of the best way to halt loss and reverse miniaturization. I've read through much of what was posted but thought I'd just ask.

Basically, can RU and Fluridil drastically reverse miniaturization? I was hoping to avoid minoxidil as I'm nervous it will age my skin tremendously and there will be a huge shed. Understood some folks had sheds with RU but I'm willing to see how that goes (suppose to stop in 8 weeks I guess...?).

I'm 26, with aggressive male pattern baldness and a NW7 style pattern going. I still have most of my hair but it seems to have miniaturized significantly in the last 6 months (getting close to see through).

I had no luck with finasteride (very strong sides within 3 days at 1.25 mg).

I've pretty much found everything on these products through these boards, so I'm very grateful that there are places ppl are just sharing there experiences. I'll be happy to post my experience once I get this thing worked on the RU discussion thread.

Thank you

el_duterino

Reaction score
For someone using RU, fluridil does not add anything more apart from more expenses.

Fluridil is quite weak.

RU will save the terminal hair and stop further male pattern baldness with low side effects.

It won't do much for vellus hair, or already bald spots, but this also applies to finasteride or dutasteride or any anti-androgens

Get on it ASAP as it won't produce any majot cosmetic improvments but will prevent further cosmetic degradation.

diffuse101

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming.

I also wanted to check, do you recommend we wash it out in an hour? Or leave it on at night?

I know you'd mentioned in a post a while back that washing it off in an hour is fine but wasn't sure if you recommend it.

Also, do you think Kouting Chem has a good safety record (thinking of going there since you vouched for them)? I was talking to my doctor and he was telling me he's heard many cases of ppl using chinese pharmaceuticals and they've used some cheap products in the mix. It messed up some guys nervous system and another guy stroked out during high stress (wasn't traced back to this but the docs all suspected it...). It just made me really nervous.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why dont you try finasteride first?

you seem very concerned about overseas providers, but still willing to try? Doesnt seem to make much sense your not willing to try finasteride/propecia?

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
why dont you try finasteride first?

you seem very concerned about overseas providers, but still willing to try? Doesnt seem to make much sense your not willing to try finasteride/propecia?

maybe he doesn't want to risk the sides inherent with finasteride....

diffuse101

Reaction score
Afraid I did try finasteride and felt really strong sides (took a while to recover too). So yeah, I don't want to risk any more sides or doing some permanent damage.

Seems some folks who are also as sensitive have had luck with RU so I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm just nervous about suppliers from China because my Doctor scared me about it (and he's follows this stuff thoroughly). I'm obviously a bit obsessed w/ hair so I'm gonna say screw it and just give it a shot but still. No harm in asking... particularly since there are so many knowledgeable ppl on these forums and it'll help anyone else who reads this.

I'd love confirm if RU should be washed out in an hour though, or left on for the night.