Newbie - my story

phill0101

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been following the forum for quite a while now. Have found so many helpful info here so that I decided to join the forum.

I'm a 21 year old European living in New York for about a year now. I've been experiencing hair loss for a little less than 2 years. It is not obvious yet, however my hair started to thin and my hairline has been receding. In the past 1 year I started to notice my hair loss and I began to use Rogaine for my hairline and crown area. It didn't help me grow any hair in the front, however I think it keeps me from loosing hair in the back. I've been also taking viviscal for about 9 months. Can't say it works. I've debated about taking propecia, however I do not want to risk any side effects.

I might be considering shaving hair on the top and getting a hair piece. I've seen pictures of quite a few hair pieces, and a good hair piece is completely undetectable. I think it is important to make a transition before anyone can notice your hair loss, so that the transition is smoother and people you deal with on everyday basis are not suspicious.

Anyway, hello again and look forward to share experiences with all of you.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
have you ever considered taking finasteride? just curious!!!