Newbie - Nizoral -

crashul

Reaction score
First of all: Hello to everybody. I'm new on this forum.

I'm in the early stages of hair loss. It started about 2 years ago, when i was 21.

I only stared looking into it now.

I bought some Nizoral 2%. I've used it 4 times so far and it is surely causing more shedding right now, than i had 2 weeks ago...3-4 times more to be exact. I've seen many topics on this but somehow none has a direct satisfying answer to a simple question: IS IT OK TO HAVE MORE SHEDDING WITH NIZORAL? SHOULD I STOP USING IT BECAUSE OF THIS?

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
I would also like to know the answer to this. Everytime I get out of the shower after applying nizoral 2%, I can notice a new small bald/thin patch. I should mention that I am also a month into finasteride, so that might be the cause of the shed. But I know for a fact that nizoral increases the shed. I don't notice these bald/thin patches after using other shampoos. I've read a few people here stressing the importance of nizoral in conjunction with finasteride, one even going as far as saying that nizoral's absence might be the reason finasteride hasn't worked. Could it be that nizoral helps "kick out" the DHT affected hair so it can be replaced by finasteride?

crashul

Reaction score
Many say that this shedding is normal and it's a sign the new treatment works. The new hair will be better quality hair. ...BUT on the prospect of my Nizoral, among the side effects there is the hair loss....

Can anybody here please give both of us an answer? I would really like to know before i use it again.

Thank you.

elvis123

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly Out of my own personal experience, I was shedding more initially on Nizoral. 1-2 weeks in I was really scared and it turned me down and I wanted to just dump Nizoral all together. But i stuck with it and I shed less now i think....

But one thing is sort of true after you mention it...everytime out of the shower after nizoral, my hair seems to be a bit thinner for some reason....i don't know if it is just me or what but it seems to be the case....

I've been using nizoral for maybe 4 months now, and to this day I still don't know if it has helped me or not. I use it only once a week now because it may be a bit too harsh on my scalp....dunno