newbie (pics)

kr1ss81

Reaction score
Hi. Im new on this forum. Consider a hair transplant this year. I am 27 y/o. Been taking finasteride just since last week and minoxidil quite long. I have a problem with posting pics here to get an advice. My donor is 85/90 grafts per cm2. I believe that 1500 fue will allow me to get restored my hairline. To get better results is necessary to bite in existing hair line. Next step would be a strip surgery. I know that pics would be very helpfull. i will work on it.

http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/ii194/kriss81n/

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
If I were you, I'd wait until age 30. You're hair is thinning on the top and crown as well - not just recession. You'll need those grafts for entire top of your scalp. If you restore your hairline and the rest of your hair falls out you'll have a very odd look. Taking finasteride and using rogaine is a good way to treat this and possibly grow some hair back.

kr1ss81

Reaction score
thx dd11856 for reply. I am aware of further hairloss. when it happens i will make strip. I will not leave my hairline alone and wait until all is gone. My goal is to restore hairline (go with hair transplant as far in old hairline as possible), to maintain what is left. My approach is very conservative. My hairline is not like NW1 or 2. I like V shape. Like doctor said 1500 fue is nothing for my hair. I have even more to cover all my future baldness. I believe that ive been loosing my hair since 2003. I did not do anything to keep my hair so far. I know that i loose hair all over the scalp and it is a diffuse thining. Looking on many forums i can see many cases with this type of thining. People make hair transplant when the hair is weak. Going with hair transplant inside existing hairline I give to myself a few years more till next hair transplant.
BTW I always can buzz down my hair and wait some time and then make a decision to go or not to go for hair transplant to the top surgeon. The surgeon I used to talk to is one of the top so I dont worry.

antonio666

Reaction score
your hair is not much more than a norwood 2 so i don't think that is your problem,i think your aim should be to thicken up the hair and not really go far a hairline transpant,there are some guys who have far worse hair than you and they look great now with the aid of meds and transplant,i hope you meet all your goals regarding your hair and remember you still have a lot of hair left

Petchsky

Reaction score
Definitely best to leave it till you have been on propecia a year, you don't know what regrowth you will get and then you have at least stabilized your hair loss. What Dr did you go to see?

kr1ss81

Reaction score
I went to dr ********. My hair dont look nice when is more than 0,5 mm. I want make sth with this. My approach is very conservative. I want to lower and thicken up hair line for about 0,5 cm.
It would be a very nice result after hair transplant if I managed to keep or get good regrowth of all hair. Maybe I can get a weak NW2 and that meets my goals in fully. I think that after getting so few grafts (1500 fue), there is nothing against Strip. If U have a look properly u can see a pretty big island of hair still in very good condition. This may be very helpfull in future giving me more time and natural hairline waiting 4 next hair transplant.
ps. sorry 4 my english

Reaction score
I don't use Minoxidil but Finasteride sure did wonders for me in the crown area and improved overall density. Keep using it bro.

Its a personal opinion of course but I think everyone should wait for a few months after starting on Finasteride and then approach the Docs for Surgery.

oxymoron

Reaction score
The big thing about the fina is to make sure it works for you. If you haven't had any issues with it after a few months then look at the hair transplant. Since I've started it, i've kept my same hair for a couple yrs... well maybe thinned a tad. But like it was said, if you get an hair transplant then you're going to have to maintain it w/ multiple hair transplant's from here going foward as your still pretty young. Look at some of the non-surgical concoctions that some of the guys are using. I see good results quite a bit from topical and nutritional approaches.
My whole crown is gone and i'm 35, but propecia is saving my *** so hair transplant works. I'm in the same boat from a surgical approach as you tho. I'm going w/ a 1000 fue just to see get reparations going. Good luck bro. I'm pretty new... who is ********.. what country?

kr1ss81

Reaction score
I used to use propecia for 3 months and did not notice any sides. I had some regrowth and i know that it works for me. I got off propecia because its been too expensive to me ( i didn`t have a clue about different meds containing finasterid). Now Ive been on finpecia 0.5 mg a day and I hope to get good results. Dr ******** performes hair transplant in Belgium in Brussel.