News story about fake v****/finasteride ?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
It is highly likely that the people who buy these drugs online would not dream of going out into the back streets of India and eating off the floor their lunch from a street cafe, and yet that's effectively what they're doing.

I think that sums it up.... Guys, lots of folks here have been encouraging members to go through the proper avenue to obtain male pattern baldness drugs. That means going to your doctor and getting a prescription. Going online and purchasing "generics" from an unknown source and supply chain is a false economy at best....and a very risky one at that.

beaner

Reaction score
I'm confused as to why these pills contained 90% of the active ingredient if they are counterfeit.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Because I'd seen people on here having success with Dutas from UP, i thought the stuff I bought from them was kosher but I'm not so sure...I think I might get to the docs and just shell out for the real propecia.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
If you go to your doctor and get a real prescription, filling it at a real pharmacy, you will eliminate your worry relative to drug legitimacy. Problem 100% solved.

Those who buy crap off the internet really do have cause for worry. There is no such thing as a reputable online pharmacy. They're illegal for a reason. You have no idea where those pills come from, how they've been handled, or what they have (or don't have) in them. If you're a betting man, go to Vegas....don't needlessly compromise your health. Flush your internet drugs down the toilet and don't buy them again.

barcafan

Reaction score
No thanks, i'll stick to my generics.

The medicines, which were bought online by consumers who believed them to be real, contained around 90% of the normal active ingredient found in the authentic tablets.

Good enough for me.

I think you guys have serious reading comprehension problems. The drugs in question were BRANDED the 'legitimate' versions, instead of the generics. So in reality, people who get the legit version of the drugs are AT HIGHER RISK OF GETTING SCAMMED. No one is going to counterfeit generics because there's no profit margin, they're already dirt cheap.

Why do YOU think online pharmacies are illegal? It's not to 'protect' you (Just like weed is illegal to protect you, right?), it's so that they can continue scaring people into buying their RIDICULOUSLY overpriced pills. Pfizer is the real scam.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I don't expect that many will change their minds, barcafan....especially those in your age group. There's the feeling that you're getting something for almost nothing, along with the avoidance of minor embarrassment for going to a doctor for male pattern baldness. That's enough for most guys to somewhat blindly purchase the online versions....mostly relying on other guys (in their same position emotionally) for guidance on whether the online versions are "OK" or not. There's no authority in the equation, and there exists a false sense of security that "other guys are doing it" so it must be fine.

No, I don't think that the online pharmacies are illegal because of Pfizer. I think they're illegal because they are selling (presumably) prescription medication without any sort of regulation, physician oversight, assurance, or traceability as to the product itself.

barcafan

Reaction score
Well is there like a lab or something that allows people to test certain drugs for their composition?

Pondle

Reaction score
This is an old debate and I don't think it will ever be resolved. I think we all know that buying online involves a degree of risk. However, it is often the only way to obtain the medicines you might need. I don't think Propecia is licensed in every country and we all know the problems inherent in getting hold of a supply of Avodart. If you stick to the oldest, most reputable online pharmacies you are probably reducing (certainly not eliminating) the risk. I see nothing but good reports about Inhouse Pharmacy and Merlonipharma. Merlonipharma even has a physical address, in Switzerland... I'm sure the Swiss authorities would come down like a ton of bricks on anyone trading in counterfeit meds.

gooner

Reaction score
the way i see it, is that its all coming from the same place/regions... the counterfit ''merc'' stuff, and the generic stuff... dont get me wrong, we have seen in quite a few cases that the generic stuff works, but i've always wondered if it contains the same stuff/amounts as the genuine pills...

does anyone know how much it is to gen genuine finasteride from from your doctor in the uk??

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought fincar from UP cuz Paul December had success on it. I don't mistrust UP and Inhouse cuz many folks have had success on it.

I'm a chic, so obviously I would have problems getting an rx for some meds for hair loss. Also... the price! Ikes!

A

Administrator

Hi Artista!

You should re-join us back on HerAlopecia. Everyone misses ya.

Admin

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gooner said:
does anyone know how much it is to gen genuine finasteride from from your doctor in the uk??

Yes, about £120 for 3 months supply.

If I was to buy something other than Propecia (in order to save money) I would buy genuine Merck Proscar. And even then I would contact Merck with the ID code things to confirm that it was genuine.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
inhouse pharmacy purchases fincar directly from cipla. there is no middle man nonsense when your getin your fincar. other pharmacies i have no idea but inhouse has been around for 10 years with nothing but great reviews from people that get their aids medicines and painkillers and hairloss products.

A

Administrator

I also think its highly illogical for anyone to imply that people outside the USA don't get sick, and dont need medications, and that there aren't legitimate international pharmacies all over the world producing the same exact treatments, accurately, and effectively. Its our own american fat slob obese arrogance that makes us think only FDA approved medications made in the united states are effective. PS... Don't get me wrong .. I love me some Double Whoppers every nown and then!
:punk:

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
If you go to your doctor and get a real prescription, filling it at a real pharmacy, you will eliminate your worry relative to drug legitimacy. Problem 100% solved.

Those who buy crap off the internet really do have cause for worry. There is no such thing as a reputable online pharmacy. They're illegal for a reason. You have no idea where those pills come from, how they've been handled, or what they have (or don't have) in them. If you're a betting man, go to Vegas....don't needlessly compromise your health. Flush your internet drugs down the toilet and don't buy them again.

This a complete fallacy, the problem isn't solved by buying from a "legitimate" pharmacy. Many of the drugs in this news story were being sold to "legitimate" pharmacies.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
global said:
hairwegoagain said:
This a complete fallacy, the problem isn't solved by buying from a "legitimate" pharmacy. Many of the drugs in this news story were being sold to "legitimate" pharmacies.

I don't see reference to that.

""an undeniably lucrative business" where consumers were "easy prey, often too embarrassed to seek help from their doctors". "

"Mick Deats, head of enforcement at the MHRA, advised people to avoid buying medicines online where the risk of being supplied a counterfeit product was "substantially increased."

A "legitimate" pharmacy is one that will not sell you prescription medication without a prescription. It doesn't appear that this is the type of pharmacy to which the article refers. Did I miss something?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Admin said:
I also think its highly illogical for anyone to imply that people outside the USA don't get sick, and dont need medications, and that there aren't legitimate international pharmacies all over the world producing the same exact treatments, accurately, and effectively.
:punk:

I don't dispute that this set of circumstances exists...but I don't believe it reliably exists via unregulated internet ordering sites whose products, methods of handling, and supply chain pedigree can't be authenticated. Add to this that those who purchase prescription medication from these sites generally do so without being monitored by a physician, compounding the poor decision and uncertainty.

Pondle

Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
global said:
hairwegoagain said:

I don't see reference to that.

Did I miss something?

On the Channel 4 news, the report on this story mentioned that some of the drugs found their way into the NHS supply chain.

It was happening before this story broke... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6224713.stm

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Pondle said:
On the Channel 4 news, the report on this story mentioned that some of the drugs found their way into the NHS supply chain.

It was happening before this story broke... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6224713.stm

Oh, got it...didn't know that from the first article. Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like the MHRA did a fair job in investigating and nailing the offenders. I wonder how many thousands of pills made it and continue to make it, from these crooks and others, to naive Western buyers via internet buying sites.