NFL Playoffs

Aplunk1

Reaction score
alg_giants_manning_jets_sanchez.jpg

I think this season's playoff picture is FANTASTIC. We have far fewer top-heavy, undefeated teams playing. It's anybody's game now.

So, I need some assistance making some friendly wagers on the Jets Indianapolis game. Now, the Colts have a traditionally better record, and I am tempted to err on the side of conservative by betting on them.

But the Jets have young talent, and quite frankly, after the Colts' performance last year, I'm really feeling like the Jets might push through.

Thoughts?

On the other side, I'm all about Greenbay. Aaron Rogers is a champ this year. Greenbay vs. Philadelphia... opinions?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
As a Vikings fan I was sorely disappointed they didn't make it.

I'm rooting for the Colts, always liked Peyton, Addai, Wayne and the rest.

The Patriots are probably the best team in the league, but they can be beat.

The Jets are not the best team. I'm pretty sure they'll get beat in this elimination round, I'd be surprised to see them win. I'm expecting something like 21-7

Green Bay could go either way. They've got the talent but they've also had some rought spots. I used to be a GB fan when Favre was around...Rodgers is pretty good. The Eagles are great offensively this year though with Vick. I'd probably say that if vick is feeling 100% and the offense plays well, the Eagles will win. If they play crap like they did against the Vikings and most of the Giants game, GB will shut them out.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the Colts will beat up on the Jets. I also see Philly beating GB, as much as I love the Packers. GB won't keep up with all that speed Philly has, in my opinion.

And GrayMan, you're wrong - the Pats CAN"T be beat! :punk:

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin, of course I know you're right and anything is to be expected, but I was just saying that in the name of some good ole fashioned sh*t talking.

To be honest, the Jets scare me a bit - now way can the Pats beat up on them like that again.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
EasyEd said:
And GrayMan, you're wrong - the Pats CAN"T be beat! :punk:

IMO, the only team that can beat the Pats is the Packers. They're on fire right now.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm stunned - can't believe how badly the Pats were outplayed. Good luck to the Jets - and GO PACKERS!!!

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
The only AFC teams I hate as much as the Jets and Steelers are the Ravens. I can't believe all three of them made it to playoffs and one will be a Superbowl contender.

Go Packers and/or Bears...don't really care which as long as they win.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I'm more of a rugby and soccer man usually, but this year in the NFL I took to the Redskins because I've got cousins in MD who live close to FedEx field and I always go to games whenever I'm in the U.S....

Anyway there season started off so well, then QB Donovan McNabb got offered that ridiculous $78million contract (wtf??) and everything fell to pieces... very disappointing as usual for the Skins!

As for the playoffs I was left backing the Ravens obviously, but now that they're gone it'd be good to see the Bears go all the way.

Cassin

Reaction score
Primo said:
Anyway there season started off so well, then QB Donovan McNabb got offered that ridiculous $78million contract (wtf??) and everything fell to pieces... very disappointing as usual for the Skins!

NFL contracts are very confusing and misleading. He didn't TRULY get that much.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
This one is painful to admit, but Roethlisberger has to be put in the same league as Tom Brady. He was the difference yesterday. He wasn't spectacular, but he made plays with his feet when it mattered. And those three words are the key with him - when it mattered. I wouldn't want him dating my sister (and I don't even have a sister), but he's an awesome QB.

Rodgers is as physically gifted as anyone I've ever seen - just a spectacular talent, but I'd like to see him do it on the biggest of stages to crown him. He is phenomenal, though - one of my all time favorites to watch.