Nizoral 2% CREAM overnight?

m0rpheus

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Instead of washing our hair with Nizoral 2% shampoo for 5min at a time.

Has anyone tried 2% cream and leave it on overnight. Or leave it on for a hour or so?

I believe they used a cream in the Japanese Nizoral study

m0rpheus

Reaction score
I have researched a bit more. Nizoral 2% cream in Australia is available at pretty my any chemist without prescription. I have purchased some and going to apply every second night and leave this on over night. I will let you guys know how I go.

Do you think I can apply Minoxidal after?

Petchsky

Reaction score
m0rpheus said:
Do you think I can apply Minoxidal after?

Don't see why not, be interesting to see how you get on :)

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use it on the temples/crown along with 2% shampoo all over. It does not affect
existing hair quality using it every day like the 2% does. But conditioner takes care
of the stiffness that the 2% shampoo brings.

Have no idea how I left that our of my sig.... you would think I could keep
track of all this crap.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Leaving it in your hair could be a bit harsh on it , maybe once every 4 days or so I suppose..

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what makes you think more is better????

Because that's how everything in the world works... LOL

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
casperz said:
what makes you think more is better????

Because that's how everything in the world works... LOL

LOL I agree on this one! :punk:

Hoppi

Reaction score
I'd be amazed if you have any hair LEFT... rofl

I really wouldn't trust that stuff on my hair all night, plus I think it finds it's way into your system so that's not good either, there's a limit to how much you want flooding your system.

In theory you'd end up with less inflammation and less 5ar, but in practice.. probably just irritated skin and possibly eventually a damaged liver.. heh O.O

Preston

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
I'd be amazed if you have any hair LEFT... rofl

I really wouldn't trust that stuff on my hair all night, plus I think it finds it's way into your system so that's not good either, there's a limit to how much you want flooding your system.

In theory you'd end up with less inflammation and less 5ar, but in practice.. probably just irritated skin and possibly eventually a damaged liver.. heh O.O

Wtf are you talking about ?? any hair left ? damaged liver ?
A cream is supposed to be left on the skin where it is applied so it can penetrate the skin , there wont be much to wash off if enough time passes .
Ketoconazole is originaly designed to fight fungal infections but it has been proven that it has an effect on AR receptors .
The best thing to do is to apply it after shower like the japanese did , and it worked pretty well for some people .

Hoppi

Reaction score
Preston said:
A cream is supposed to be left on the skin where it is applied so it can penetrate the skin , there wont be much to wash off if enough time passes .
Ketoconazole is originaly designed to fight fungal infections but it has been proven that it has an effect on AR receptors .
The best thing to do is to apply it after shower like the japanese did , and it worked pretty well for some people .

Oh, so the cream is supposed to be left on for much longer periods of time than the shampoo? I don't know because I've never used the cream, I just assumed 2% ketoconazole was 2% ketoconazole.. heh :)

Preston

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Preston said:

Oh, so the cream is supposed to be left on for much longer periods of time than the shampoo? I don't know because I've never used the cream, I just assumed 2% ketoconazole was 2% ketoconazole.. heh :)

Ok I see .
No the cream is supposed to be absorbed .
As for the efficacy , just look at this link :
http://www.keepingmyhair.com/japanese-study-nizoral-cream-ie-ketoconazole

The pics speak by themselves .
Apparently this is due to some effect on the androgen receptors ,but it doesn't work for everybody

Mopless

Established Member
Reaction score
Preston said:
Hoppi said:
Preston said:

Ok I see .
No the cream is supposed to be absorbed .
As for the efficacy , just look at this link :
http://www.keepingmyhair.com/japanese-study-nizoral-cream-ie-ketoconazole

The pics speak by themselves .
Apparently this is due to some effect on the androgen receptors ,but it doesn't work for everybody

I remember that study. Me and a whole slew of people bought massive quantities of Nizoral Cream 2% cream to slather on our heads daily. :shakehead: