Nizoral 2% QUESTION!!

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Might be really dumb question but please answer anyways haha

If Nizoral 2% has close to the same effect as minoxidil 2% and really makes hair thicker ..
does that mean it should help maintain hair as if you were applying 2% minoxidil to your scalp??

fallicule

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I think so anyways. At least in the sense that thicker hairs are healthier and less liable to break or die. I dont know if it would as much as minoxidil would, but I believe there are studies that would indicate they are nearly as effective as one another -- or at least that theory has been suggested somewhere on this forum. I wouldnt sacrifice one for the other though; i'd still use both of them. I've been on minoxidil for about 6 or 7 months and my hairline has grown in alot thicker than it was so i'm convinced it does work. Good luck.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I mean .. if the problem is the hairs growing back thinner and thinner each time untill it doesnt grow anymore ... nizoral thickening the hairs seems like it would be a pretty good maintaining tool .. but i could be wrong... im just trying to see how good of maintaining is it really? i wouldnt use it by itself but i mean alongside of propecia