nizoral and scalp pimples?

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I bashed Nizoral a few weeks ago, but I decided to give it a second go.

After a week, my shedding has halfed. Its working really well. The only problem is that I (without fail) develop one or two small scalp "pimples" immediately after using nizoral.

Is this a concern? I'd hate to have to drop nizoral since it seems to be working really well in controlling my sheds. About the same time I started using nizoral, I added GNC's MegaMan Multivitamin, which I doubt has anything to do with controlling sheds, but it worth noting anyway.

Does anyone else get these small scalp pimples from nizoral?

Darren1905

Reaction score
I'm about to commence Nizoral as part of my regime. Has anyone noticed any sheds from the commencement of Nizoral? I'm on month 6 of propecia and going through my first noticeable shed - I don't really want to commence Nizoral right now if it too contributes towards a shed.

I'd appreciate any info/replies on this.

Thanks,
Darren.

douggie

Established Member
Reaction score
I had them prior to using nizoral, I don't anymore.

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
This is not a reported effect or side-effect of Nizoral. You're not getting pimples because of nizoral - if anything, you're getting it despite nizoral. Add a salicylic acid shampoo to your regimen, to help fight excess sebum.

avri

memphisB

Reaction score
i have some randomly. 1 or 2 at the sides and few at the back.
Is it like those pimples we have on face?

I have a tendency to squeeze them.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
avri said:
This is not a reported effect or side-effect of Nizoral. You're not getting pimples because of nizoral - if anything, you're getting it despite nizoral. Add a salicylic acid shampoo to your regimen, to help fight excess sebum.

avri

That would make sense except that I've never had scalp pimples before. On the days that I don't use Nizoral, I don't notice any new pimples. On the days that I do use Nizoral, immediately following the shower, I consistantly notice two or three fresh "pimples"... Whats up with that?
You cant tell me then that nizoral has nothing to do with it.