Nizoral and Shedding

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Does Nizoral cause shedding at all? I've been searching the forums and i found a few vague statements akin to "i've heard nizoral causes mild sheds" and such, but its hard to find details. Can someone please inform me? Thank you.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I think generally "no".

BUT, unfortunatley, there may be a slim chance that in any one individual's case, it could. So, there are no guarantees.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
I see, but all in all it is generally recommended for inclusion in all regimen's yes?

If i'm trying to stay all "natural" with effectively zero chance of systemic side effects would you recommend I include it? (by the way, i don't generally suffer from scalp irritation, itchiness, or excessive dandruff)

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I see, but all in all it is generally recommended for inclusion in all regimen's yes?

Yes

If i'm trying to stay all "natural" with effectively zero chance of systemic side effects would you recommend I include it? (by the way, i don't generally suffer from scalp irritation, itchiness, or excessive dandruff)

Well, if you're a 100% pureist, I'm pretty sure nizoral's main ingredients don't fall into the natural category. But I've never heard of anyone suffering any systemic sides from it. And you've probably read enough to know, that although it is a dandruff shampoo - that's it's recomended for hairloss because of ts anti-androgenetic properties.