Nizoral Shampoo

Jai

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have seen lots of people mention this "Nizoral Shampoo" what does it do, and where do you get it form? (how much does it cost?)

Cheers Jai

Jai

Reaction score
Ok,

for anyone that is interrested, or didnt already know, I have done my homework on the two shampoos listed above, and the difference is that:

Nizoral has active ingredient Ketoconozole 2%
Nizorelle has active ingredient Ketoconozole 1%

and there is an obviouse price difference of nearly Half for the 1% compared to the 2%
Also boots have their own brand of dandruff shampoo with Ketoconozole 1% which in turn costs less than Nizorelle

Jai

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to pick holes in your post but...

Nizorelle is just the UK brand name for Nizoral - Nizoral is what you et in the states, the two items are identical products.

You can get 1% or 2% nizoral in the US

You can get 1% or 2% nizorelle in the UK

Living in the UK I get my nizorelle from Boots. You can get the 1% from the shelf. If you want the 2% you can only get this over the counter (non-prescription). This is the same in the US

:)

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
pharoh, i get nizoral in the uk, and i get 2%, all over the counter. not from boots though, another pharmacy, will look out for the name for you. have seen nizorelle on shelves though.

Jai

Reaction score
Cool dont worry bout picking holes, I guess thats what we all put posts on here for,

but going throughout town yesterday I could only find Nizoral 2% (on the counter) and Nizorelle 1% again on the counter, I spoke to a couple of Pharmacists and they knew of no difference other than the active ingredient %

Do the 2% of each brand cost the same or is the Nizorelle any cheaper? and do any of you know of any benefit of using the 2% over 1%?

Cheers Jai

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
pharoh said:
Living in the UK I get my nizorelle from Boots. You can get the 1% from the shelf. If you want the 2% you can only get this over the counter (non-prescription). This is the same in the US

:)

2% requires a prescription in the USA. But there's ways around that (online pharmacies)