Nizoral Shedding??

johno

Reaction score
I been lurking on this forum for some time now and decided its time to sign up. My hairline seems to be escaping me faster than ever. I have been using Nizoral for about a six weeks now twice weekly and although my scalp seems to love it No danduff no itching hair feels clean and looks fuller but I have been shedding all over the place. From reading posts about nizoral it appears that a nizoral shed is not a good thing like a minoxidil shed. Why this is i dont know why? If i am still shedding after six weeks on nizoral should i quit it?

I have also brought some rogaine foam which i am about to start using combined with MSM tablets. I am unable to take any sort of medication at the minute for personal reasons. I have been kind of obsessing about my hair and want to buzz it but am very worried about how this may look. I dont think i have the head shape for it. What do you reckon this was a pic before my shed and although doesn't look to bad i can assure you much hair placement was going on.

[attachment=0:345f9]test pi.jpg[/attachment:345f9]

Attachments

• test pi.jpg
    test pi.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4,175
A

Administrator

Welcome to the forums. Glad you signed up and have sought help.

First off, take with a grain of salt the messages you see from the alarmists. I don't hold to the theory that a Nizoral shed is a bad thing. In fact I've never heard of such a thing and strongly question anyone's ability to accurately label it as such. Hair can do many things, in response to both external and internal changes that happened months prior. If Nizoral is harming you in any way, your scalp skin would be burning and peeling also. So a Nizoral shed is a myth in my book. Nizoral does have antiandrogen and growth stimulating properties, however minor (correct me if im wrong Bryan) and you may simply be seeing further hair loss (as would be expected since youve only been on nizoral a short time) or maybe your hair is regenerating and kicking out bad follicles. There simply is no way to know.

Remember that this is a long long process. Getting on Nizoral was a brilliant first move, but its going to take a minimum of 6 months to see if its helping. Hair just doesn't respond to treatment any faster than that. So if it hasn't been 6 months already, dont lose patience and think you need to start frantically adding things.

That being said, Propecia and or Rogaine are the correct next step. I would discuss with your doctor whether Rogaine is safe for your medical conditions, just in case. Even though it is a topical, it is a medication, and it does absorb into the body. So just do your due diligence and cover your bases with the Doctor. Rogaine may introduce a shed as you know, and you basically start the clock over again if you add a treatment. You go back to Day 1 and have to wait another 6 months to a year before you decide if this new combo is working.

You're on the right track and making the right decisions. Keep us updated.

Admin