Nkotb... With Old Hair And A Few Scars

dave looch

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 34, and first really noticed my hair loss around 25. I was in the millitary and was shaving my head alot so i never really thought about it... now i'm out and bummed I never paid any attention. I have a great shaved head so its not terrible, but i had this realization that i'll never have hair again and i wish i could do something about that... so i started asking questions if in todays world I could see some of my old friends again when i look in the mirror. Perhaps i'm past the point of no return which is honestly not a big deal bc i'm married and happy, but it would be awesome to get hair again if it wasn't unreasonable. I don't even know what Norwood # i am for sure, so i'll try to post the pics. also not very comp savvy so i'm learning this as i go. and would love to hear the local professional opinions... i.e. What Norwood# am I? have i waited too long? is regrowth absurd? THanks for the support.

Last edited:

dave looch

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are current pics. I'm not using any substances at the moment.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3487-1.JPG
    IMG_3487-1.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 196

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW5 I would say.
I am afraid your follicles have been dormant for a bit too long to awake them back with minoxidil or finasteride.
Maybe a mega session transplant could help you but you know what it entails: a lot of money and a lot of explaining to do to your wife...

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps i'm past the point of no return which is honestly not a big deal bc i'm married and happy

I'm really happy to hear this dude. You've found what's important in life. Your head shape looks good and your wife seems to be okay with it! Some women will throw a freaking fit when their partners lose their hair :D

I would agree with Roberto. When you have aggressive male pattern baldness and end up NW5 that early, the costs of recovery are going to outweigh the benefits. At most, after a mega session you'll look like a balding man instead of a bald man. That's going to be your result after a HUGE financial, time, and physical commitment. Like you said, no big deal. Life goes on. Wake up in the morning, do your job, make your wife happy, and enjoy the little things in life!

You were dealt this hand and it's no fault of your own. Nothing you could have done about it.

dave looch

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That's pretty much what I figured, just wanted to check it out. few people were telling me "its 2016 you, there's all kinds of ways to get your hair back", so i wanted to at least consult the experts lol. Thanks for the responses. Bald and beautiful!. Peace

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That's pretty much what I figured, just wanted to check it out. few people were telling me "its 2016 you, there's all kinds of ways to get your hair back", so i wanted to at least consult the experts lol. Thanks for the responses. Bald and beautiful!. Peace

Check back in 2020 :p