No need for any medication, I believe

nomedication

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Ahsan. I am 39 yr old. I noticed that there are tons of hair loss protecting and regrowth medications and I also read that most of them are scams. My head started showing the sign of hair thinning quite a long ago. Then I started using coconut oil. I used to apply or message coconut oil before going to bed and shampooing it off in the morning. Coconut oildcontains a plant hormone or phytohormone called cytokinin. It helps plant to regrow; and also in many anti-aging formulation it is one of the main ingradients. So, after using coconut oil for about a month, my hair falling has stopped and I noticed thickening of hair due to new hair growth. I am prety confident of this coconut oil and believe people with frequent hair loss or hair thinning will get much improvement once they start using it. This oil is not stinky, rather there is some fragrance in it. It is natural and has no side effect, except for putting an extra pillow cover to protect your pillow from getting coconut smell.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
Despite the fact you may think this notion is hocus pocus, it is actually quite plausible that coconut oil if applied topically can help. Coconut oil does have good health benefits.

I do not recall where but I have read studies that reference and linked coconut oil with the inhibition of DHT - something to that effect.

Importantly there is a STORY worth knowing about coconut oil, it was muscled out of the industry as a mainstay product in replacement of Soy based oils amongst others; look it up.

On the other hand, I have ready on forums completely unrelated to this and others we know of, where women have great success with Essential Oil blends topically.

Plausible? I think so.

mumuka

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont know if it grows hair but i know that coconut oil is the healtiest stuff outhere to fry your food with.

bubka

Reaction score
firstly
bullshit6go.jpg

and then

banhimcf1.jpg

CCS

Reaction score
Is eating unsweatened, organic coconut flakes as healthy as eating the oil? It is a lot cheaper, and has protein and fiber. I'll still get the oil for my skin, especially my face. I don't know about my hair, though.

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
Coconut oil contains a lot of lauric acid. It is shown in this study that lauric acid can reduce both type I and II of 5-alpha-reductase in vitro.

We could show that lauric acid [...] was active in reducing the activity of type II enzyme and of type I enzyme.

Source: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/download/study6.pdf

Coconut oil is also effective in treating certain skin conditions such as rash, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and keratosis pilaris.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I drink a lot of Malibu..that's got coconut in it :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jkkezh said:
Coconut oil contains a lot of lauric acid. It is shown in this study that lauric acid can reduce both type I and II of 5-alpha-reductase in vitro.

But as I've had to explain umpteen different times, it's not in its "free" form in coconut oil. It won't inhibit 5a-reductase.

Bryan

Jkkezh

Established Member
Reaction score
I do apologise for my ignorance

Do you perhaps have some more information about the the difference between lauric acid in coconut oil and in its "free form". Also, couldn't the lauric acid in coconut oil change to its free form when absorbed by the skin?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jkkezh said:
Do you perhaps have some more information about the the difference between lauric acid in coconut oil and in its "free form".

The vast majority of fatty acids in natural oils like coconut oil are in the form of triglycerides, not their pure form. There are usually only trace levels of the pure fatty acids, like maybe 1% - 2% or so.

Jkkezh said:
Also, couldn't the lauric acid in coconut oil change to its free form when absorbed by the skin?

Apparently not to any significant extent. I've previously posted the results of an experiment done by some of those same fatty acid researchers in which pure gamma-linolenic acid and borage oil (which is rich in gamma-limolenic acid) were applied separately to the forehead of a human volunteer. The pure fatty acid was much more effective than borage oil at reducing sebum production, presumably by inhibiting 5a-reductase. The borage oil had hardly any activity at all.

Bryan

AussieExperiment

Established Member
Reaction score
Hesitant

Everything seems to work in vitro. I don't know if coconut oil helps or not, but in vitro results don't always mean much when applied to the real world.

G

There's roughly a hundred trillion cells in your body. Each one of those cells is like a magnet. They attract whatever vibrations that resonate with them. Because of the Law Of Attraction, your cells will attract either positive or negative vibrations, depending on what type of thoughts your mind is having.

IS THIS NOT THE MOST PROFOUND F---ING REVELATION YOU'VE EVER HAD IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE?

:D

G

collegechemistrystudent said:
Is eating unsweatened, organic coconut flakes as healthy as eating the oil? It is a lot cheaper, and has protein and fiber. I'll still get the oil for my skin, especially my face. I don't know about my hair, though.

This would be like the 500th thing that you've added to your total body regimen then. Every time somebody suggests something you say that you're going to find it and start using it.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
There's roughly a hundred trillion cells in your body. Each one of those cells is like a magnet. They attract whatever vibrations that resonate with them. Because of the Law Of Attraction, your cells will attract either positive or negative vibrations, depending on what type of thoughts your mind is having.

IS THIS NOT THE MOST PROFOUND F---ING REVELATION YOU'VE EVER HAD IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE?

JayMan said:

You're taking the piss! :shock:

Concerning cells, which the estimation I am aware of is 50 trillion within our bodies, are governed by their environment both internally, externally and importantly how they perceive their given environment.

Thought is but one variable of the environment that can influence your cellular biology.

bubka

Reaction score
JayMan said:
collegechemistrystudent said:

This would be like the 500th thing that you've added to your total body regimen then. Every time somebody suggests something you say that you're going to find it and start using it.
its' funny because it's true, no wonder you have gained weight, you add all these things to your diet