Non Permanent Body Hair Loss With Telogen Effluvium? So Confused.

S. S.

My Regimen
Reaction score
So a couple of months ago I started losing hair on my head. Not incredibly rapidly, but some groups of strands here and there. Well, for the past 2.5 months, my hair has been falling out rapidly in a diffuse pattern on my head. It is mostly around my hairline and top of head. During one circumstance, I lost my lower body hair (legs, butt, feet but not pubic) but it grew back quickly. It is getting worse. Some days are not as bad as others. Right now it is very bad and rampant. I also noticed I had lost my lower body hair again (leg, butt, back, toes) which I assume will grow back again.

I went to one dermatologist and she said that said it was telogen effluvium. This was before I started experiencing the body hair loss/regrowth.

The second dermatologist wasn't sure what it was because he said it could advance to a different pattern of loss. He was also confused by the body hair loss. My blood tests came back okay for thyroid. I have low iron but I don't think this is it.

Does anyone have any ideas??? Or has had the body hair situation with Telogen Effluvium? Does this look like an alopecia? What sort of doctor could give me better answers?