Noobasaurus' Story (RUM, %5 Minoxidil, Nizoral)

noobasaurus

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, first i'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for reading my battle against Hairloss.

I've been having hairloss since 19 and didn't really notice until 20 or so. I have a receding hairline (caused by twisting my hair and pulling it out in frustration at my homework, i did engineering and never consciously noticed i was causing my own hair loss when i pulled it out).

Anyhow, i used finasteride for a short while and didnt have "pleasant" results so i stopped and decided to get a FUE transplant from a "world class surgeon" (who moved away from my city shortly after the surgery and stopped providing post-op support and made me sign a document stating I will never enter their premises or contact their offices again. I am also forbidden to state the performance of the surgeon unless if it was positive). Long story short the hair transplant was a success... for about a year before my hair started shedding and my receding hairline began to haunt me again.

I've used %5 minoxidil and cut out using conditioner in my hair, however this wasn't enough to combat my receding hairline.

I am starting a new regime using RUM and minoxidil, and will be posting my results weekly/monthly (as long as I have time to do so). The attached images are my first day on RUM (May 7 2012). You can clearly see thinning around the transplanted hair.

May 7 2012
[attachment=3:b0vwv21s]IMG116.jpg[/attachment:b0vwv21s][attachment=2:b0vwv21s]IMG117.jpg[/attachment:b0vwv21s][attachment=1:b0vwv21s]IMG118.jpg[/attachment:b0vwv21s][attachment=0:b0vwv21s]IMG119.jpg[/attachment:b0vwv21s]

Attachments

• IMG116.jpg
    IMG116.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG117.jpg
    IMG117.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG118.jpg
    IMG118.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG119.jpg
    IMG119.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 250

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Noobasaurus' Story

noobasaurus said:
(caused by twisting my hair and pulling it out in frustration at my homework, i did engineering and never consciously noticed i was causing my own hair loss when i pulled it out).

i used to do exactly the same thing whilst studying engineering haha. every time i got frustrated (it felt like very 2 seconds) i would pull at my hair and it would easily come out. but since i got onto finasteride, my hair doesn't come out by pulling.

goodluck with RU, it hope it works well.

noobasaurus

Reaction score
Update June 14th

June 14th Update, with pics.

Haven't noticed too many side effects from my regime. minoxidil makes my chest hurt sometimes (think of cracking your knuckles, i can do it with my chest, gross i know...) i haven't really noticed much sides from RUM at the moment. I'm shedding, and shedding a lot. I missed applications occasionally but for the most part I was dilligent in keeping up.

--EDIT--
FACT - i know my chest cracks from the use of minoxidil and not RUM, i've been feeling that effect ever since I went on 5% minoxidil waaayy before i even knew what RUM was (was using minoxidil since my hair transplant in late 2008). incase anyone wants to state that RUM might include a side effect of chest cracking
----

I also have a dermaroller which i use about 2-3 times a week. I used to dermaroll with every application (0.5mm everyday) but it got really painful to use everyday so i use it every other application (by painful i mean i still feel the effects of the previous dermaroll application, the pores are still open and that area is relatively sensitive).

Also as a side note, I use a dermaroller on my hair transplant recipient site and it bleeds a lot. I know typically 0.5mm isnt supposed to penetrate that far in but im guessing the skin on my hair transplant recipient site is "thinner" after hair transplant recovery? i don't think it's appropriate to show you guys how bloody it gets so im opting out of showing pics.

it is very evident that i have hair plugs now, thinking about another hair transplant. giving this treatment some more time before i concede to that option. I want to make sure that even if i get a hair transplant, RUM can maintain my hair as I want to see if I can get away without minoxidil in the future after I get a hair transplant.

[attachment=0:3nkwlqng]IMG176.jpg[/attachment:3nkwlqng][attachment=1:3nkwlqng]IMG175.jpg[/attachment:3nkwlqng][attachment=2:3nkwlqng]IMG174.jpg[/attachment:3nkwlqng][attachment=3:3nkwlqng]IMG171.jpg[/attachment:3nkwlqng][attachment=4:3nkwlqng]IMG170.jpg[/attachment:3nkwlqng]

Attachments

• IMG170.jpg
    IMG170.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG171.jpg
    IMG171.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG174.jpg
    IMG174.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG175.jpg
    IMG175.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG176.jpg
    IMG176.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 189

Moosetache

Reaction score
Perhaps it's just the lighting but, to me, your hair looks a little better. Plus you don't have those red blotchyish spots anymore.

I don't think most people would notice that you've had an hair transplant. Many might might not even realize you're thinning...

Keep us updated with your progress ;)

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
if you are interested in improving your skin have a look at this

'Supplementation with high-polyphenol cacao powder results in
a significant increase in skin density and thickness. Neither parameter was affected
in the low-polyphenol group. Evaluation of the skin surface showed a significant
decrease of skin roughness in the high-polyphenol group, whereas no change was
found in the low-polyphenol group comparing the starting values with weeks 6 and 12.'

Chapter 6
Antioxidants and Skin
Juergen Lademann, Maxim E. Darvin, and Ulrike Heinrich

noobasaurus

Reaction score
Hey so I was going through some forums about hair transplant surgerons and I realized I never looked at the back of my head to check out my donor area, i've included pictures of the back of my head to see what the tax was for hair transplant.

Also as a side note, my skin is red and blotchy in some pictures because I just dermarolled my scalp before taking the picture (which I will avoid in the future).

Also I noticed shedding has slowed down significantly, but not stopped, in terms of regrowth we'll have to give it more time as I'm not certain if I have vellus hair from minoxidil or if it's the last hair I grow before it permanently recedes. I've also cut my hair recently and hair transplant hair is incredibly hard to style when cut short, I have hairs sticking in various directions even when I just hair products.

Attachments

• IMG371.jpg
    IMG371.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG372.jpg
    IMG372.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG378.jpg
    IMG378.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 173

noobasaurus

Reaction score
So continuing from the above post, I cut my hair short, so here are some pictures, not much of a monthly update but here are some pics, i circled the part of my hair that wont style properly even when I put products into it

Attachments

• IMG390.jpg
    IMG390.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG391.jpg
    IMG391.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG392.jpg
    IMG392.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG393.jpg
    IMG393.jpg