Nordicbald's new thread (18 yo)

nordicbald2

Reaction score
Nordicbald's new thread (18 yo, now 21)

So my previous account is "nordicbald", but I can't access to it/change the password.

I started 0.625 finasteride daily soon after turning 18, and I've been using it for 4 months now. No sexual sides at all, just minor brain fog sometimes (when hangover)

So 4 month update here, can't notice any improvement yet, I think it's slightly worse.

Attachments

• 4months.jpg
    4months.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 326

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
it just looks like a mature hair line to me - but could be receding. do you have much thinning going on?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
It could be. I suggest you keep a close eye on it and if it starts to move up... get on the pill.

nordicbald2

Reaction score
So I'm on a 1 week break cause my breasts started to get more sensitive & erect & hurting and I'm getting all paranoid about gyno. I will continue with 0.625 dose every other day after the break.

nordicbald2

Reaction score
So I'm on a 1 week break cause my breasts started to get more sensitive & erect & hurting and I'm getting all paranoid about gyno. I will continue with 0.625 dose every other day after the break.

UPDATE: 3 years after
My hairline remains the same as in the original post. I dropped the dose after first year of finasteride to 0.625 every 3 days because of breast tenderness. However I never developed the man boobs or had any other side effects than nipple or prostate ache (only when I experimented with too high dose). The brain fog in the original post was probably not related to finasteride, because it disappeared shortly.

The reason I'm back here is that I'm taking a break from finasteride. I have 2 reasons for this:
1. I want to see how DHT affects my body and behavior (besides making hair fall out :mrgreen:) since I've been inhibiting it for a long time.
2. I'm interested in improving my brain function, and after reading so many horror stories about finasteride affecting other brain chemicals too (neurosteroids), I'm not sure if I should continue using it.
However I'm glad that finasteride got me through the hardest years (18-20). Hairloss isn't that important to me anymore, but I will probably try minoxidil before my hair will start falling off.