Normal to shed more when combing instead of in shower or bed

Obsidian

Reaction score
It seems like my hair sheds more when I comb it than in the shower or in bed. I really don't know how many I lose in the shower, as long it is not in clumps I think that is good then. Then in my bed I counted all the hairs I could find in my bed since I put on new sheets this past monday and could only find forty, still the most came out at one time when I combed my hair this morning and 10 to 12 fell out but that was the result of two combs, one trying to comb my hair back and still getting a knot (didn't think I still had them), and then another combing my hair forward which resulted in those numbers.

Either way anyone else have similair experiences+

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Obsidian, you need to get used to shedding. You are going to be more in tuned to it now that you are under a spell. Your obsession with your hair is going to change you for the worse if you let it. Just remember its normal to shed at least 50 to 100 hairs per day. Most of the shedding happens in the shower when shampooing and when you style your hair or brush your hair. More happens when your head is rubbing up against your pillow in bed. Its part of the hair renewal cycling. If you are losing more than 100, it might indicate the balding process is accelerating or its called a telogen effluvium which you get when you stress about your hair. I think the only thing that might help you is Propecia. I understand what you are going thru sort of but my started alot later in life. You had that nice long hair and now its dwindling away so early in your life. So far the only thing that can slow that down is Propecia if you are willing to make that deal with yourself knowing it might have some consequences too. Good luck. Find yourself a hot girlfriend while you still have your hair. :agree: