Norseman's Story- (23 / with PICS)

Norseman

Reaction score
I'm quite unsure of when I started loosing my hair. I guess I was about 16-17, because it was getting noticeable around 18 I think (that's when a particularily fat-mouthed friend of mine started mouthing off about it at least). I did not think much of it, other than that I noticed my bangs was a mite thinner on the sides (my hair growth was quite thick, the hairdressers often compared it to sheeps wool, even though it was perfectly straight without curls) where I usually ran my fingers through my hair (aaaah... those were the days!). Now, when I turned 19-20 I was getting quite thin on the top of my head (the crown?). Still, I did not do much thinking it was inevitable. The years went on, and I did what I could to cover it up before I did the buzz cut nearly a year ago to this date. I am soon 24 years of age, with a noticable thinning area on the crown (I guess between a Norwood 4a and 5a, it seems 5a when thinking of the area affected, but 4a when it comes to the amount of hair left), and I just started using propecia (or an Indian equivalent which is supposed to be ok ,- Pelosta-1 orsomethingoranotherlikethat. Propecia is a controlled substance where I live, and I have to order big chunks of the stuff and just gamble that the packages make it through customs). I don't think my hairline has receded more than a few millimeters, I've always had a high hairline even since I was a kid, but I noticed the hairs around my temples are nearly white and transparent. Guess that comes with the territory...

Now, I still have a lot of hair on my head. Or rather: I have a lot of hairS. Most of them are thin and nearly invisible. Those are the ones I shed, and I have some really thick jet black brittle hairs. I do hope I can get most of it "back", seeing as the transparent ones are still there (or are they what is referred to as peach fuzz? Hope not..).

As one can see from the pictures, there's still alot of hair, although less than the pictures might indicate (I don't have access to a camera ATM), as seen from the brightest one where I still have hair (which is actually taken a full year before the one to the right). And as previously mentioned, I actually have more hair around the temples with the footnote added to it that they are devoid of pigments. As to the regimen I'm on: Pelosta-1 finasteride 1mg, and I have ordered Kirkland 5% rogaine.

What are my chances ? I had nearly accepted the fact that I was gonna wear a horseshoe around my head for the rest of my life (as my father does), but finasteride had me hoping again... Will take some pictures of the top of my head soon to compare for progress (it will be very noticeable if there are any progress, seing as I have maybe 6-7mm up to a cm at the most (depending on how long I let it grow before "mowing the lawn again" so to speak).

Oh, and if there are any problems with the language, let me know, and I'll try to explain it better, English is far from my native language.

Attachments

• mja.jpg
    mja.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 2,181
  • mja.jpg
    mja.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,210

Mpresev

Reaction score
good luck, frankly I think you'll maintain and gain hair with the tools you are using.

Keep the finasteride and minoxidil on a consistent basis and you should see the results in a few months.

fadgus

Reaction score
Your chances are good. Just give it some time and be aware of the fact that you might start shedding, so be prepared.

Norseman

Reaction score
I am aware of the fact that one usually starts to shed around 11-16 weeks (read up about it), that part doesn't worry me much. I can always shave the head to make it less noticeable (the advantage of having such short hair I guess), that way the progress is more noticeable as well. I have taken quite a few pictures now (in the sort of light that makes the hairloss all the more noticeable; On the bathroom in front of the mirror. That way the conditions in which the pictures were taken are easier to replicate, and again; That'll make it noticable), I'll ad them tomorrow.

Norseman

Reaction score
Well... The updates posted here are more for my own benefit than not.

2 months on the pills now, and nearly the same on minoxidil. Haven't seen much improvement... It might even have gotten a little worse, even though I haven't noticed any shedding. That might be due to the fact that my hair is a cm in length at the most, and the hairs lost just disappear.

I do think that the hair on my head has gotten a little darker, though. Haven't noticed any sides, my junk is working as good as ever ! :hump: